• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are Your Favorite Combo's..........

If you show me your "fav combo" in the ring more than a couple times I'll put you to sleep because I'll see it coming.

Relying on any one technique is not an effective way to fight. you constantly have to be working the body up, down, left side, right side, etc...

Now granted, if a fighter, a stupid fighter is leaving their leg out and continually letting me punish it, then I'll focus on that technique, use what works. You can't plan on using any one technique before a fight. You really have to KNOW your opponent to do that.

Playdoughmonkey

Brown belt in Muay Thai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XpOiSoN FrEeX

"front kick-round kick-side kick

fake front kick to there right side of them then snap it to a high round kick."

I like these also. I think I use the fake front kick, to high round house a lot more, though. Another one I like is round house to 360 round house. It's useless sparring, but it's fun to do.

Laurie F

Depends on what I want to happen. Is this an initiating attack? How long have we been fighting? Does he have a weapon? Do I? Where do I want them to go? For attack sequences, generally I try and think in a direction...I want them to go down, I want them to go back, left, right, or simply drop them right there. Depends on what is going on though, there are definitly standards that I try to adhere to do make my life simpler - tried and true.

Thanks

B

big sucker for the jab-reverse punch or backfist reverse punch combo. also i like rear leg hook kick into spinning hook kick (that spells ippon for me lately =p)

and my other new toy combo is reverse punch backfist-grab at the wrist-hook kick over the top.

• 2 months later...

Depends on the situation. If it's a street fight (which I've never been in and proud of it), I'll only be concerned with getting the first hit, and then hitting him until he's KO, not Tekken-ish combos. If it is a sparring-ish match, varrying on the level of contact, I have two frequently used combos to open up the match:

1. Side kick - jab - crossover.

2. Round kick - spin hook. (I once knocked a guys head gear until he couldn't see! :D )

I have so many others, but these two get the most age proven highlight. Let's hear more from you guys, any sweet kick combos that anyone has. I don't throw this one often, but there was one time I nailed a guy in the head with this one: hook-kick, round-kick, spin hook, round.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Love the knees, but in TKD, I could get into trouble :D Anyways, I think my fav (if someone kicks at me) is a Thai style shin block, punch and/or side kick (which is easy from the "shin block" position to make it look like I was about to kick so WTF style judges don't take a point off :D ). I've been into steeling stuff from Thai boxing lately specially their roundhouse kicks or cut kicks :) Which can also get me in trouble hehehehe.

Laurie F

Well I like to do

jab - jab - step in do a few body shots or a knee/elbow.

cross to face - jag to body - knee or kick.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 2 months later...