• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do You Like Cold Weather?

Patrick

Some people like cold weather - some don't. Some like to live in a climate that sees a full change through all four seasons. What's your preference?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not particularly a fan of it, but I can deal with it. I see the full range of seasons where I'm at as well. I wouldn't mind eventually moving further South one of these days towards the Gulf coast, but for now, I can put up with winter weather.

I hate it. Its ok when I don't have to go anywhere and can stay indoors but going outside means getting cold (and probably wet).

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Well, I grew up in northern New England, went to college in southern Virginia and now I'm back in NE. And after experiencing both places, I have to say I much prefer the south. The south has it's own beauty in the seasonal changes. They don't have anything close to what New England has for autumn, but the south has the most beautiful springs. In NH everything just goes from brown to green over night, but in VA all the trees and everything bloomed beautiful whites and pinks and purples before turning green. It made the slight lack of autumn foliage worth it. And I LOVED only getting a few inches of snow a year down there. It was just enough to be pretty and fun for a few days. Up here I'm sick of winter before it even officially begins. I hate having to scrape ice off of my car every time I drive it and I hate slipping and I hate using three heavy blankets and wearing a sweatshirt to bed and still being too cold to fall asleep (my mother doesn't believe in turning the heat up-- she'd rather us use more blankets to save money). As much as I love my karate school up here, I want to move back down south. I'm applying to jobs equally around here and down there. It all depends where I get the job in the end...

I love it!

It was snowing and about 32 all day today I thought it was very tolerable.

I work outside year round and I can deal with the cold, even if it's sub-zero windchill. It's the summer heat that gets me.

Not all those who wander are lost... -- J.R.R. Tolkien

I live in northern Canada so we get the four season. Right now it is -20C and cold. I don't mind the weather but I wait ever year for spring to get out run a few km to work off the winter padding.

Do You Like Cold Weather?

No! i hate it actually. only things i do like about winter is christmas, skating, and hockey. :)

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

I'm a huge fan of global warming! :brow:

Haha. When I was in high school we had this week long stretch of -40 degree weather and we had an outdoor campus, so there were kids bringing in bottles of hairspray and spraying them into the air between classes yelling "come on global warming! faster!".

I used to be a huge fan, I loved ice climbing, skiing, ect. Anything like that was all kinds of fun.

Now that I work outside so much and deal with in and out of the car in low temps all winter, I find that I don't get out quite as much. I tend to like it less and less each year.

Maybe I'm just getting old.