• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 6'1" 230 lb brazilian jiu jitsu blackbelt, tatted from head to toe, bald, intimidating and most confident. Typical I know. I have been in a few altercations and did well subduing the misguided individuals without hurting myself or them. One of which the guy dwarfed me! I feel as though I am in control everywhere I go. But there is always a fear of the unknown in the back of my mind. Just as those guys didn't realize who the were about to tangle with... neither do I. it's our minds that will save us then. Being alert and observant will allow us to recognize a situation that we can't handle moments before it gets to that point.

Couldn't agree more.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why do you think that? Martial Artisits usually do win in physical confrontations with untrained attackers. And why wouldn't they. Martial arts are fighting skills. Like any skills, the more you practice and train the better you become. In this case fighting. Think of it this way; if you went and practiced bowling twice a week with a good instructor don't you think your bowling score would be pretty good? So what would happen if you had to bowl against a guy who had only been bowling once in a while and had no instruction. You would win pretty easily, same as a fight.

In my case it's karate. How would anybody who practices punching, kicking, and blocking techniques for hours each week; with experience, confidence, timing and conditioning not beat someone who probably only fights a handful of times in a year?

Edited by rmurray

Unending Love,

Amazing Grace

• 1 month later...

i dont know.. the last three people i got in a fight with, i knocked all of them out by smacking them. All on diff occassions..

The key to immorality is first living a life worth remembering

• 3 weeks later...
i dont know.. the last three people i got in a fight with, i knocked all of them out by smacking them. All on diff occassions..

People underestimate the effectiveness of a well executed open hands.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma