• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wanna talk about my almost complete conversion to BJJ, I have been practicing this amazing MA for about a month or so but I have to tell everybody here, this is what I have been looking for in my MA training. Firstly, let me say in my personal experience there is WAY less amount of injuries, my poor little toes, I have think I have 3 or 4 good ones left, but anyways. There is like 67 or more throws in Judo, turns out you only need to know a few good takedowns and BJJ takedowns are much much easier and quite effective compared to some of the Judo throws. My instructor says the takedowns are pretty much the same as the ones used in Judo but I have to be honest the only ones I see used almost exactly alike in Judo is Morote-Gari and Kuchiki-Taoshi, everything else seems to be tweaked just a smidge (sp?) Not knocking Judo of course I don't know where I would be without it. Okay im done..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's an easy art to love. I've been into shoot and mma but nothing is as good technically, in my experience, at BJJ for ground work. The movements and mechanics are are thing of beauty.

I too have curtailed many of my other martial pursuts to focus on BJJ.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the club!!! I enjoy other arts. But I LOVE BJJ. It's the first art I ever studied that I really feel i buy into. The BJJ community is amazing also. We share techniques and it's never an insult to train with other instructors. It's actually encouraged. I never encountered that in Karate, Kung Fu, or Aiki JuJitsu.

Under whom do you train?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 1 month later...
Welcome to the club!!! I enjoy other arts. But I LOVE BJJ. It's the first art I ever studied that I really feel i buy into. The BJJ community is amazing also. We share techniques and it's never an insult to train with other instructors. It's actually encouraged. I never encountered that in Karate, Kung Fu, or Aiki JuJitsu.

Under whom do you train?

Mr. Green :) my Judo instructor.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• 2 weeks later...

The DT club I have attended a few times does quite a bit of ground fighting, and although I am quite terrible at it now, I do enjoy it, and I am trying to make a committment to doing more and more of it to compliment my standup right now.