• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any familiar with this place

Ti

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I can't see anything wrong with the program itself as a fitness program (I don't want to comment on its martial arts aspects because it really doesn't mention them much), but, um.... is that a get-rich-quick scheme endorsed by sensei at the bottom of the main page????

Well I can't see anything wrong with the program itself as a fitness program (I don't want to comment on its martial arts aspects because it really doesn't mention them much), but, um.... is that a get-rich-quick scheme endorsed by sensei at the bottom of the main page????

I'm not sure if I should click on it....

Teaching Shotokan...for $1190.95 year. Essential;ly $100/mo..which for me sounds darn expensive..bit I guess you get the health club "atmosphere"..so if that's what you like, might be OK.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• 2 weeks later...
Teaching Shotokan...for $1190.95 year. Essential;ly $100/mo..which for me sounds darn expensive..bit I guess you get the health club "atmosphere"..so if that's what you like, might be OK.

Actually

$1190.95 + 360.00 = $1,550.95

* Yearly Karate members add $360.00 per year to attend kickboxing classes.

Actually

$1190.95 + 360.00 = $1,550.95

Thats very steep. I would not pay that much, thats for sure. 50-70 bucks a month should be the limit. I've gone to gyms that trained pro's for that amount. I actually spared with them too. So no sir, I say save your$$$

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

This looks a lot more like a fitness class with some martial art flavor than a dedicated martial arts class. You could contact them and ask if you could attend 1 class for free so you can get a feel. If they refuse, then I'd say forget about this place.

And I agree, that's darn expensive. My dojo is affiliated with the JKA of North America and the classes only cost 320$ can./year plus a 10$ yearly membership fee to the JKA starting with green belt.

Be mindful of what you are looking for.