• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sex and Martial Arts

I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on this subject.From what i have heard men are drained from precious vital energy (chi)each time they ejaculate.

Being advised to retain ejaculation during the sexual act, if not only to procreate.

On the other hand i think women are allowed to do this,(we all know about their sexual superiority).Do they have a greater supply of vital energy or how does all this relate.

And its relationship with martial arts.

Any ideas welcome.

:smile:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I am going to tackle this question as cautiously as I can ....

another view of "Chi"...

Sexuality is a universal way for people to quickly access their chi flow.

The ancient Taoists developed many different methods to tap into this energy -- one being chi kung.

The Chinese have a concept about the frequency of ejaculation and orgasm for men and women and according to this theory, men are meant to have frequent erections, lots of sex, and only rare orgasms.

Regular ejaculations drain the kidney/adrenal chi (energy) and possibly lead to fatigue, decreased vitality, or lower back weakness in men. When the adrenals are weakened, there is also lower ability to handle stress.

Women are meant to have as many orgasms as they wish, which are energizing to them. And if the man is not releasing all the time, he will have more sexual vitality.

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-20 15:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-20 15:05 ]

I am not sure on the corrolation between orgasm and chi at all, but many professional fighters sexually abstain for several weeks or months before a fight for peak performance. I think this is both to mentally focus on the fight as hand, but also because orgasm can physically make you mentally and physically lethargic, unenergetic, and weak for a certain period afterwards. I know this applies to men, but as for how the female body reacts I am not sure.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

That was eloquent as well as appropriate, KickChick.

I will attest to the deleterious effect of getting your groove on too often; it seriously effects recovery and energy reserves.

Women do not have this weakening effect, but then again they are not driven by nature to "get busy" all the time ( they seem to be like a camel that stores water in it's humps)

Heh.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

There is no proven link between sex and performance in any sport. The whole idea is a mythical hangover from the idea that you had a limited amount of sperm, and you could run out, thus giving yourself various unpleasant diseases.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

(Shakes head and smiles)

Im glad you all got to this before me. LOL.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."