• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goju Ryu -History Collaboration

quinteros1963

To All of my fellow Goju folks: Lets put all of our knowledge to the test on the history of Goju and how it made it to the rest of the world.

For example: Many know of Master Higgaoanna who taught Master Miyagi, but did you know that there was also a young man by the name of Higa who was also a student of his who was an assistant to Miyagi? What ever happended to him and his students?

I think it will be interesting to find that though we may find slight differences form school to school we all come from the same place. No one school has the true version of Goju because many adapt the style to fit them. The early masters were taught differently because the did different things well.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It goes farther back than that my friend...

Japanese Karate can be traced back to Okinawa through Gichin Funakoshi. Okinawan Karate is descendant from Chinese Kempo. Chinese Kempo was derived from Monks who had to defend themselves.

How far back do you want to go? :)

Way of Japan Karate Do

Bakersfield, Ca. USA

I am well aware of the history of Goju and Naha-te. I am just putting a small peace out there for whoever is interested and would love to hear what others know. I think it will be fun to read the history as far back as onje would like to take the thread. Higa never seems to be mentioned when we talk about early students of the art.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

• 2 months later...