• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Big Uniforms

CTTKDKing

OK I posted this question a little while ago in another thread, but got no response so I figured I'd try again. I'm getting back into TKD after the spring semester is up at my college (wife's present to me for Christmas this year). I've gained a lot of weight since I last studied and I was wondering if anyone knew where to get big and tall sized Taekwondo uniforms. I'm partial to the classic v-neck pullover style that's best known in WTF TKD. I was on the top end of sizes when I previously studied and would need like a size 10 to fit my current weight. I can get sleeves tailored so height isn't a big deal but I can't seem to find any. I found a couple sites that carry big sized Karate Gi's with the crossover front (classic karate uniform), but no traditional dobak's. Please help.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks I bookmarked that. It's perfect, if their sizing is the same as other companies.

Any others from other people would also still be appreciated.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

I thought I'd look at the company where I buy my doboks. They have size 10 as well!

http://sangmoosa.com/shop/shop_goodsview.asp?Top=1&Steps=000010001600017&g_code=2008822113619

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

It's been my experience that the size of a Gi was going to provide Height factors more than weight factors. I could be wrong.

Bold Look carries sizes 000 - 12, but that varies from line to line. However, Bold Look does not sell products directly to students, you must buy Bold Look merchandise through your school or organization.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 years later...

I am led to understand that gis and uniforms should be more based on height then weight; however, I am 6'6" and 360 lbs, and a size 8 gi purchased from a reputable manufacturer would not even fit like a shirt (it barely crossed the chest at all, and certainly not to fit). I bought the gis from Karate depot (http://www.karatedepot.com/karateuniform.html) and they did carry the 8's and 9's in some sizes at some times... however, their returns policy seems generous enough for a non-fitting item (they do not carry over size 8 in almost anything, and nothing over 9).

I did find gis at http://www.mas4less.com/ however, I do not know if they have the Tae Kwon Do uniform under the big and tall section. I ordered size 11 gis from them and am awaiting shipment; I will follow up on fit when I can (cost of a 7.5 oz black gi was about $57 plus tax, and they offer free shipping right now on orders over a certain amount, and a 5% discount if you sign up for their email club).

And no, I do not work for them, and if their sizes, etc are not worth it, I will be back to vilify them, likewise, if they are a good fit, etc, I will be back to sing their praises.

It is what you learn when you think you know everything that matters most! (unknown)

" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself". (DH Lawrence)

"The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!!" (Me!!!)

Thanks for Kwon, but they are a lil small for me. I do not know why, by my measurements I should be an 8... but the 8s I got were soooo small...

I have some 11's coming (finally got my ship info after a couple days of annoy-mails)... and will definitely let people know how they do... Should be here Wednesday (UPS can be a lil slow, these uni's left Florida on Friday, and will be in Ohio Wed.).

I cannot believe I am a 2x in streets, and apparently a 5x in gis...lol.

It is what you learn when you think you know everything that matters most! (unknown)

" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself". (DH Lawrence)

Yeah, no problem. Im 5'9" 160, so i don't feel your pain...lol I never have an issue with things not fitting unless its too big. If s,o a little longer in the dryer does the trick or I get the sewing machine and start hemming.

I am kinda in between sizes; neither tiny nor giant. It gets tough sometimes, especially when i have no experience with the specific type of clothing. PS, I finally got my shipping info... the total time from order to receive is estimated to be a week... now all I have to do is pray for the sizing not to be an issue...