Karate Kid trailer out

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* Did that have to ruin it with all that rap music and flashiness? Part of what I liked about the original Karate Kid was how extremely simple Daniel's training was. He learned to block and punch-- basics. This seems like it's going to be the same flying, spinning, wasted-energy showmanship Karate Jackie Chan usually does. I hope I'm wrong about it, though.

*sigh* Did that have to ruin it with all that rap music and flashiness? Part of what I liked about the original Karate Kid was how extremely simple Daniel's training was. He learned to block and punch-- basics. This seems like it's going to be the same flying, spinning, wasted-energy showmanship Karate Jackie Chan usually does. I hope I'm wrong about it, though.

Jackie Chan is an extremely good acrobat...but a Karate Ka...No...

I'm leery of this movie, though I admit it's largely in part due to having grown up watching the original. It's possible I'd like it in it's own right if given half a chance, but my expectations are tainted....it's not Karate Kid if it's not got Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio. :)

My first reaction was.."Karate Kid...in China? Shouldn't that be The Kungfu Kid?"

Tournaments in China? I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if there were.

*sigh*

Hollywood..it figures. I'll wait until it's on video..maybe on TNT in 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jackie Chan...marvelous athlete for any age, let alone in his mid-50's...like I am. Sure, I can do all the same stuff he can do *cough-cough----HACK!* but it's going to be a hard stretch for me to believe he's going to replace the late Pat M..the origional Mr. Miagi.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

:lol: at the chopsticks bit.

I don't think it'll be too bad. Obviously won't be able to replace the original movie but I'd probably watch it. Mos of Jackie Chan's films are quite good. I think I read somewhere that Jaden actually learned wushu properly for the part?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I'm really looking forward to this now. I just need someone to go with who likes martial arts and won't cringe at it being a remake!

Although, with the new actors, character names and setting, it's more like an unrelated spiritual sequel.