• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Homemade Weapons

sensei8

We should start looking into patents and copyrights, and yes im serious.

To avoid having to make a deal with Maglite, you'll probably have to build your own flashlight.

That may be our best option however. By making a deal with Maglite, we would be giving our product name recognition and the quality that comes with maglite.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should start looking into patents and copyrights, and yes im serious.

To avoid having to make a deal with Maglite, you'll probably have to build your own flashlight.

That may be our best option however. By making a deal with Maglite, we would be giving our product name recognition and the quality that comes with maglite.

I'm all for the path of least resistance. Teaming with maglite would still make us rich - although my standards aren't all that high. Bu rich, I mean anything more than $250.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

Liverpunch, wondered if you could give us an update on the Smashlite???

(Smashlite is a registered trademark of Bujin Industries. Use of the Smashlite for illegal activities is not the resposnibility of Bujin Industries. Modification of the Smashlite voids all warrenties and guarentees. Violation of this trademark and copyright will result in a unfortunate "accident" involving a fire escape) :D

So, I worked security at an art festival tonight. Being surrounded by peace-loving hippies, painters and musicians, my maglite felt terribly inadequate. If I manage to get more of these jobs, the smashlite attachment would be a great investment. Any idea what they cost yet?

Actually, Brian and I did have to break up a fight between a band guy and a roadie. Verbal de-escalation FTW. Other than that just a lot of "You can't bring your drinks in or out."

Tallgeese, does standing behind someone who is talking to your buddy count as positional dominance? I think it does. Might be something to add to your thread.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

We're currently waiting on a steel ball to get here. I'm dealing with the Chinese on this part of it, so it's slightly difficult/amusing. It's coming from some factory in rural China that seems to have an X in place of every vowel that would make it an otherwise pronounceable name. Anyhow, once it makes it here, it will have a week or two at the machine shop, and then it'll be back to me as a (hopefully) working prototype. The steel ball is a pretty inexpensive investment (aside from shipping), so if I can locate an American company in the Midwest that has what I need...machine shop work on it shouldn't cost that much. We should know more by the end of this week.

― Homer, The Simpsons

So, I worked security at an art festival tonight. Being surrounded by peace-loving hippies, painters and musicians, my maglite felt terribly inadequate. If I manage to get more of these jobs, the smashlite attachment would be a great investment. Any idea what they cost yet?

Actually, Brian and I did have to break up a fight between a band guy and a roadie. Verbal de-escalation FTW. Other than that just a lot of "You can't bring your drinks in or out."

Tallgeese, does standing behind someone who is talking to your buddy count as positional dominance? I think it does. Might be something to add to your thread.

Glad that your job worked out well, an you got at least a little excitment out of it. I can just imagine MP getting into suplex position as some rowdy patron is being distracted by Bryan explaining how to properly apply a texas cloverleaf in an mma match.

• 3 weeks later...

The Chinese sent me a glass ball. 3 inches of solid glass sphere. This is not what I had in mind. I've sent out an email to 5 or 6 American companies, we'll see what sort of responses I get.

Also, in my "smashlite" downtime I've been working on a free shotgun. Because it was free, you can imagine the condition it was in. I sawed the barrel down to a very short (but still legal) length, stripped and re-blued all of the metal, and am currently looking for a buttstock. Once it's cut to a smaller size and installed, I'll have a perfect zombie gun.

― Homer, The Simpsons

• 2 months later...

Made my own bokken, Two lengths (1m, 1.5m) as well as a practice knife.

I'm currently working on a small forge which is taking me ages to do (it's exensive and hard to build... And I procrastinate loads) but should allow me to make proper weapons (although I will have to explore the relevant legislation beforehand, obviously...).

"Really, if someone grabs you, you just punch 'em in the face and run..."

• 2 months later...