• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Homemade Weapons

sensei8

Liver: Yeah, that's actually a better idea. Make something that passes as a large D-cell flashlight. It actually uses C cells or even AA in this thick case hardened pipe of a barrel that a jedi knight could use to parry small arms fire, if small arms fire could be parried. My main concern is actually with the spring holding the battery, i'm not sure how well those hold up under the load of the batteries suddenly centrifuging toward the cap, in practice.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, we're dealing with a group of people who frequently travel with guns and build giant un-wieldy spears, flails, and other ridiculousness. It's a matter of building a flashlight with a ball hitch on top of it (for whatever reason). "

BTW- this has to be in contention for sentence of the year. :lol:

Liver: Yeah, that's actually a better idea. Make something that passes as a large D-cell flashlight. It actually uses C cells or even AA in this thick case hardened pipe of a barrel that a jedi knight could use to parry small arms fire, if small arms fire could be parried. My main concern is actually with the spring holding the battery, i'm not sure how well those hold up under the load of the batteries suddenly centrifuging toward the cap, in practice.

This is even BETTER! It's planned obsolesce for the whole Smash Lite line :idea: . Think about it, it holds up for a good smash or two to practice. Then you break the thing defending yourself over bad guy's head. Who wouldn't go buy another! It just saved your life. The next life it saves could be your kid's.

I was thinking about that guard pass that I invented, grrrrr... And then googled smashlight. The name is trademarked for a flat flashlight. Smash Lite isn't, but it is similar enough that they could stand a chance with a lawsuit.

Ok so we may have to come up with another name, any ideas just in case a cease and desist order comes from the smash light people????

Bashlight perhaps????

Many, many things to address here:

I vote the we just call it the smashlite, because it's a play on the maglite, and maglite only has one "g" in it. This should take care of any legal concerns. (it won't)

I fully endorse the smashlite and all of its various sub-models. I would propose the addition of a "Smashlite for Her", which would be avaliable in pink and purple, and a "Smashlite for Hunters" that would be avaliable in camo, and perhaps with a red or green led and/or lense filters. We'll need good lobbyists, because: if smashlites are outlawed, only outlaws will have them.

Three less successful models should also be produced:

Smashlite for Pets - it has a built-in lint roller on the shaft. (Billy Mays would've been perfect for the infomercial)

Wilford Brimley Smashlite - It's got a built in "diabetus" tester.

Smashlite for Chicago Residents - Because defending yourself and owning a weapon is illegal there, it's just a cardboard tube with a light on one end, and a rape whistle on the other.

Building a smashlite out of steel would allow it to be built to a multitude of specifications. A maglite is just a very, very simple circuit. Because it operates on batteries that just have to be configured in a straight line, you can run any maglite, on any size and number of batteries. You could take a 1.5" steel tube with a wall thickness of .25" and run A-cell batteries in it. The only requirement is cutting threads that match a maglite head and tailcap. You can even cut the knurling into the tube and powdercoat it to look authentic. Depending on wall thickness, it would be incredibly heavy and durable. In reality, a project like this would actually be much easier than my current undertaking.

While we're on the topic of combative flashlights - here are some pictures of some custom machine shop work: 1D Stubby lights, custom pattern cutting, and a few of them are internally modified to run different styles, and sizes of batteries. They also do custom bezels, LED battery monitors, glass breaking tips, and emitters that make things much brighter. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/gdiel1/5.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/gdiel1/4.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/gdiel1/3.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/gdiel1/2.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/gdiel1/1.jpg

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

iSmashlite- has GPS and you can update your facebook status.

Batsmashlite- the light sends the Bat Signal

Icanhazsmashlite- covered in decals of adorable kittens with funny captions

SmashTwilite- UV light with a silver ball

SmashliteSaber- plays Duel of the Fates when you turn it on

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

We should start looking into patents and copyrights, and yes im serious.

To avoid having to make a deal with Maglite, you'll probably have to build your own flashlight.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

There's one I forgot- Smash Lite for Kids. What little tyke doesn't want a smaller version of what dad's wheeling around. What could go wrong.

iSmashlite- has GPS and you can update your facebook status.

Fitted with motion sensors it could record the force you use to clock someone upside the noggin in a facebook/iPhone widget. Might be useful in court...