• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smashlight?

I like it - and Tallgeese will have to chime in, but I'm almost certain I remembered him saying something about a flashlight/hitch combo that welding troubles hampered. I'm almost certain i can do it without any sort of welding...stay tuned.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

Hammer of Dawn

Incandescent Cudgel

Fluorescent Flogger

Mace of Luminance

Does it do double damage to undead creatures?

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Does it do double damage to undead creatures?

Only to Nightmages, Dark Wizards, Shadow Slimes, and Phantom Demons.

― Homer, The Simpsons

Just a thought, wouldn't it be a better idea to turn a 5D light into a 3D light with 2 D batteries worth of lead in the tube?

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Just a thought, wouldn't it be a better idea to turn a 5D light into a 3D light with 2 D batteries worth of lead in the tube?

Yes, but that's not what he wanted - he wanted a flashlight with a hitch on it...a smashlight - which is what we're calling it.

Edit: Also, any argument on how to make it more "legitimate" is moot. it's a big, heavy flashlight...it doesn't need improving. If someone wants to turn two of them into nunchuck...that's a reasonable cause.

― Homer, The Simpsons

Smashlight....I love it! Now I just need one. Like I said, the welding is apparently a problem. However, I am ignorant is such matters. If anyone has ideas, I'd listen.

The thing had better do double damage to undead. It's going to be part of my zombie apocalypse survival kit. Don't worry, I'll cut everyone who had a hand in the development of the light in. I predict about a million unit sales number from Cheaper than Dirt alone.

Ok, so step one is to replace the standard bulb with an LED - that will reduce the amount of power needed, and still produce more light.

Instead of welding, we'd get the smallest hitch possible, and machine a hole in the end-cap of the flashlight to allow the hitch threads to pass through. Securing it to the end-cap would be easy, because the nut would be on the other side.

From there, you'd just make sure that the same space as one standard battery was taken up by the hitch threads and a spring to ensure a tight fit.

Because the non-lit end of the flashlight is the grounding side, the system will still work because the hitch will complete the electrical circuit by being both metal and in contact with the bare aluminum of the end cap.

The end result should be...a smashlight.

― Homer, The Simpsons