• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This message will self destruct... now BOOM!!

Must..train...must..learn...argghhh!must...reach....dojang.....tired.....sore....must keep....going.....sparring...training...reading.......uh, what was the question again? :lol:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Blade.

You're not better yet ???? Just kidding. I felt the same way as you, so it's normal (I think normal is the word I wanna use LOL). My hammy is almost back to normal. I gotta watch it when I do a stretch kick though, and the front split, but other than that, I can do everything else again :smile: It took long enough, though. I was going nuts! LOL. I just have to stay away from the axe kicks, though (the kick I hurt myself with).

Laurie F

I too share your huge obssession with the martial arts. But is it really right to call it an obsession???

PASSION

Now that seems the the correct word for practictioners of the Martial Arts. Obsession is a word for junkies not trained fighters.

I'm always thinking about MA, even more than girls, and i'm a teenager!!!

I'm always researching MA on the net, many different styles tho, not limited to Karate. My friends thought i was an idiot, but i started to train some of them and they are now beginning to see the light! I want desperatly to get a job so that i can start a different art in addition to my Wado-Ryu, me was thinkin Combat Sambo.

Peace out my passionate brethren

"Live free.

Die well..."

Karatekid, nope. I cant get anywhere near a full split, when I used to be able to go past them. And Im surely not gonna do a split between two chairs any time soon... (Thats how I hurt mine, lol. I used to do it all the time, but I didnt warm up properly before I did it.) *sigh* I wish there was a way to make it heal a lot quicker, but all I hear from people is "time". AAGGGHHH! Can you tell the inability to kick is getting to me? *starts twitching* I even used to sleep in a split sometimes. Thats why my friend started calling me "the Russian Gumby" lol. Cuz Im muscular and flexible.

On 2002-07-22 16:25, El Guerrero Loco wrote:

I too share your huge obssession with the martial arts. But is it really right to call it an obsession???

PASSION

Now that seems the the correct word for practictioners of the Martial Arts. Obsession is a word for junkies not trained fighters.

I'm always thinking about MA, even more than girls, and i'm a teenager!!!

I'm always researching MA on the net, many different styles tho, not limited to Karate. My friends thought i was an idiot, but i started to train some of them and they are now beginning to see the light! I want desperatly to get a job so that i can start a different art in addition to my Wado-Ryu, me was thinkin Combat Sambo.

Peace out my passionate brethren

Lol. I feel the same way. If you showed some of my (girl) friends a karate movie, they'd be like, " Oh that guy doing the spinny kicky thing is cute." I'd be like, " I gotta try that kick. hmmmmm.. maybe if i get enough air off the couch, I can spin faster, while executing the kick."

Maybe that's why most of my friends are guys. They don't think I'm a psyco when i say that stuff. Well, most of them.

Lol.

Getting air off the couch,

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

On 2002-07-24 00:13, karatekid1975 wrote:

hehehehehe Dee. That sounds like me. I see a neat looking kick, and I wanna try it LOL. Good thing most of my friends are martial artists :smile:

Yay! Another person who doesn't think I'm insane. Actually, only a few of my guy friends don't think I should do M.A. They're afraid I'll break a nail. Hmmmm... when I joined martial arts I was afraid of breaking my ankle ( I have weak ankles), but a nail wouldn't bother me. Lol. I bit all my nails off, and I play guitar too, so they have to be short. I brought a sports illustrated for women on a bus for a field trip, and a bunch of guys laughed at me. I read the reg. one too, I just happened to bring that one, cause I hadn't read it yet. N E way, thanks for proving I'm not insane.

Grrrrrrrr,

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

I agree with you fine people on this one.

For me it is REAL passion.

Not for just the great martial art of Aikido, but generally about all martial arts. They are the most unique creations on the planet. They involve all aspects of science and philosophy. For example, O Sensei the creator of Aikido, wrote many beautiful poems (read my signiture) about Aikido, the universe, interactions and how he felt one should leed a honourable life.

Its not just about kicking the hell out of someone, its about life and living it. Although it seems a little cliche, it is very true.

Be Well :dodgy: