• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This message will self destruct... now BOOM!!

Uh, don't think I'm crazy, the subject title has nothing to do with the message, it's just to attract attention and, hopefully, replies. Does anyone here feel insane? I do. I am hopelessly obsessed with martial arts. My friend whom I suggested sign up, signed up and I want to talk about karate with him. He's been there for a year, a little less than half my time, and really doesn't talk about it as much as I want to. Anyone here have friends who just don't undertand your obsession with karate? I don't know why, I find the dojo exciting, I save magazine articles if they even mention Martial arts, I create collages with pics. I cut out of the Century catalouges, watch all karate t.v. shows. Have a lot of clipouts from the paper about karate, and, if you look in my bookmarked sites, about 80% of them are karate sights. Ne one share my obession? I need someone who doesn't think I'm insane to reply. I hate seeing 80 views and no replys. Please, any reply. Reply now or forever hold a steaming pizza on your head...wait, thats not right. Uh.. neva mind, just reply.

Grrrrrrrrr,

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never made a collage on karate lol. However I do talk about it a lot. I think about it or football in all my free time. How to make one or the other better. When I see guys I used to train with I always start the conversation with "you been training any?" When I set arround I find myself making fists, hand postures, etc. I will work pressure points on my forearms and stuff just to see how they work. My students say when I am teaching History in school I will get excited and grab the yard stick on the chak board and starting spinning it. I don't know that I do that but one thing is for sure Karate is a part of me now and forever.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

ive been obsessed with martial arts, gym and the whole fitness thing for ages...

but i brought Final Fantasy X and im sooo obsessed it, when i have nothing to do im on my pc trying to improve my workout, but now all ive done is play that

Dee, I share your obbsession. I have a friend who got me into it any I just love everything about, I mean I am always searching for martial arts online, or I am standing around doing moves. MY friend who is in it with me, sure we talk about karate, but I always bring it up. I always made fun of a friend cause she alwayz talked about ballet. Then I joined karate and she's like "see, your obbsesed" and another friend alwayz rolls her eyes when I even metion karate. But I love it, I even draw pictures, most come from the century cataloge. Well Nice spilling my guts about my obbsession w/karate

:pony:

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

Well, for you "younger" members I would imagine being "obsessed" with martial arts is better than being obsessed say, with a number of other things that you can be obsessed with at your age. There are those that are obsessed with sports, skateboarding, music ..., the opposite sex!

See I cannot possibly be "preoccupied" in my mind with martial arts. It is so much a "part" of me. It is what I am --wife, mother, friend, martial artist!

I do find myself making up combinations for my class (kickboxing) or all of a sudden a sparring strategy, an ab/pushup routine or a strength training exercise will pop up in my mind during the course of the day and I write it down (hey I am older I forget sometimes... :lol:) ... or I think of a great topic and rush home to my No.#1 obsession .... YOU GUYS !!! :up:

Although I dont think about karate, I find my self at work thinking of locks and throws. I have a billion and one books, pictures all over my room and a Japanese flag, I love it.

Be Well

How many times I think of martial arts in a day? Every 2 seconds. How many times I think about women? Every 2.5 seconds. The martial art is a big part of my life, especially training. I feel that the martial artist are a different breed of people, and it is great to hear other people with more of a passion for the martial art.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

How many times I think of martial arts in a day? Every 2 seconds. How many times I think about women? Every 2.5 seconds. The martial art is a big part of my life, especially training. I feel that the martial artist are a different breed of people, and it is great to hear other people with more of a passion for the martial art.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.