• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

black belt.....1st dan blackbelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think you might be refering to the Shodan-ho, which some schools use as a belt before black.

It could be used for many reasons, but it isn't used in any of my schools, so I can't really comment

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

I've seen some schools that use a red and black belt and call it a pre-black belt. Oh yeah i also saw a school that use a brown belt with a black stripe and they also called it a pre-black belt.

On 2002-07-17 13:14, shaolinprincess wrote:

Our last belt before black is a brown one and it is called 1st kyu, then we start automatically on 1st dan, then go up.

That's the way it is at my dojo.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

In my TSD school, we had cho dan bo (pre-black). It's just a midnight blue belt. You would get black after 6 months with the cho dan bo belt. In my TKD school, they get a plain black belt first (trial black) then you get the real thing in six months, I think. The kids under 16 get the black and red belt.

Laurie S.

Green belt TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-07-17 23:23 ]

Laurie F