• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com is 8 and 1/2 Years Old!

Hey all,

Celebrating our half birthday is sort of a tradition here at KarateForums.com and that day is today as we turn 8 and 1/2 years old! :) We launched on May 21, 2001.

I don't know where all the time went, but it does give me an opportunity to thank everyone who has positively contributed to this community. I love what we are and I love the atmosphere we have here - one of kind, respectful martial arts discussion. It means a great deal to me.

Thank you to my staff, who helps me to maintain this atmosphere: Heidi, Brian, Danielle, Ed, Alex, Brenda, Jennifer and Dave. I appreciate everything that you do.

Thank you for reading and for visiting KarateForums.com.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks, Patrick for putting this together in the first place.

The best thing about this community is the way we actually discuss things. We respond back and forth and talk about topics, not just spout our opinion and move on like is so common on other sites. It leads to some interesting thoughts.

Glad to be here.

Happy Birthday KF!

Well were has the time gone, I joined over half a year ago. Thnk Patrick for making this forum, and happy half b-day KarateForums. :lol:

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

Yes, thanks for putting this together. I'm kind of new around here, but in my short time here, I've got to say the community is really awesome here.

Not only do we get to discuss one of my favorite things, martial arts, but we can debate things here and have legitimate, honest discussion. There are so many forums out on the internet where rather than discussing the matter, people just get into flame wars and start insulting people they disagree with.

Every one of us comes from different backgrounds and have different opinions on things, and it's great to see a forum where not only can we have a little fun here and add a little extra enjoyment to our day, but where we can have a constructive discussion when we have differences of opinions.

Happy 1/2 Birthday :D!

And ditto the thanks to Patrick for creating such a cool site.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thanks all. I really appreciate the replies and kind words. Thank you for being a part of it and a part of what makes it great. :)

Yes, thanks for putting this together. I'm kind of new around here, but in my short time here, I've got to say the community is really awesome here.

Not only do we get to discuss one of my favorite things, martial arts, but we can debate things here and have legitimate, honest discussion. There are so many forums out on the internet where rather than discussing the matter, people just get into flame wars and start insulting people they disagree with.

Every one of us comes from different backgrounds and have different opinions on things, and it's great to see a forum where not only can we have a little fun here and add a little extra enjoyment to our day, but where we can have a constructive discussion when we have differences of opinions.

This means a lot to me; this is what we strive for. Thank you.

Patrick

Happy B-Day KF!!! Still the best Martial Arts site anywhere! Keep up the good work Patrick.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi