• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TaeKwonDo black belt testing,

note most of the people watching were school age,..

I noticed that. As I could add forthright comments to the age as well. And, I am trying to handle it with "kid gloves".

Let me state, with utmost due respect;

I am not a art-style basher. If something isn't my cup of tea, I try to remain nonchalant about it. Until someone rams it in my face and waves their hands like it is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. Not, that you are trying to do this, I am generalising and being rhetorical.

this demo was for fun, not for competition,... I never said it was the best school ever ( nor did you say that i did) but out of all the schools I looked at, OhDoKwon being one of them ( the black belt video school) this by far was the best school, and the best choice for me, I was overly impressed by the instructors, there skill level, the skill level of various black belts red belts and green belts that I've seen. i have a few more videos i need to make them shorter and i will post the links,..

and thanks @joesteph it was a good opportunity for me to meet all the instructors,.. and get a really good discounted rate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

note most of the people watching were school age,..

I noticed that. As I could add forthright comments to the age as well. And, I am trying to handle it with "kid gloves".

Let me state, with utmost due respect;

I am not a art-style basher. If something isn't my cup of tea, I try to remain nonchalant about it. Until someone rams it in my face and waves their hands like it is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. Not, that you are trying to do this, I am generalising and being rhetorical.

this demo was for fun, not for competition,... I never said it was the best school ever ( nor did you say that i did) but out of all the schools I looked at, OhDoKwon being one of them ( the black belt video school) this by far was the best school, and the best choice for me, I was overly impressed by the instructors, there skill level, the skill level of various black belts red belts and green belts that I've seen. i have a few more videos i need to make them shorter and i will post the links,..

and thanks @joesteph it was a good opportunity for me to meet all the instructors,.. and get a really good discounted rate

We established it was for fun. I understand what you are conveying-completely.

As long as you understand, I mean no disrespect, and wish you all the best, by saying, if you are satisified, that is all that matters.

Well, slightly off topic, but I think this shows a good comparison to the first video of that black belt test. This was highlights from my Shi-Han's test for 1st degree, and to me, this is a much better representation of what a test for Shodan should be:

Agreed, it's not the best representation by any means, but it's what I had available to show and something that I thought was at least better than the originally linked test. :)

That said, it is only a 3 minute highlight of a roughly 3 hour test. The sparring doesn't come across the best, but it also comes at the end of about a solid hour and a half of bag drills and and self defense against fully resisting opponents, so when we get to the sparring part of the test, we're fairly exhausted already.

Though I think the test from the original link at the start of this thread was rather lackluster, it probably falls victim to some of the same things. We only saw a few minutes of what was probably a couple of hours and I'll give them some benefit of the doubt that they were probably getting worn out and starting to lose good technique just from exhaustion at many points throughout the test.

I enjoyed the demo vids...and I agree on the BB test. Three minutes out of three hours is not a lot of time to judge a school or a student.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/