TaeKwonDo black belt testing,

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, well I'm probably going to get bashed for my opinions, possibly repremanded by the powers that be, but you asked for opinions, so here is mine...

Realizaing of course that systems and instructors have different skill requirements...in my opinion from training since 1975 and teaching since 1978, I'd have awarded Debbie probably a 9th..maybe 8th kyu for that demonstration of skill during her test. Not a dan belt.

Poor to non-existant stances during her speeded up self defense techniques, absolute ZERO for speed and power in everything she did, and so on.

Sorry, but black belt level? Not a chance. Not even close in my opinion.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

that's partially why i chose to go with another school, the video is heavily edited, (*note i was there*) she did not break all of those boards on the 1st try,... the sparring actually was better on youtube than in person, the instructor kept yelling out use other techs which she did not, her daughter *which her black belt test is on there as well* sparred with her, and whooped up on her pretty bad,.... thats why i did not choose that school,... i felt that there was little skill there,....

debbie is just a person who goes to ohdokwon,....

here are a few videos of the school i did choose from there demo team and there instructor demos

give me a couple hrs theres a video of the kids demo team too,...*too cute

This video was my favorite of the three. It's a clever idea to pass the offense and defense down the line, and then the board breaks as well. It looks like everybody had a good time celebrating the fourth anniversary of the school.

I can see why you picked this one. I'll bet it's got a positive atmosphere when you train.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

note most of the people watching were school age,..

I noticed that. As I could add forthright comments to the age as well. And, I am trying to handle it with "kid gloves".

Let me state, with utmost due respect;

I am not a art-style basher. If something isn't my cup of tea, I try to remain nonchalant about it. Until someone rams it in my face and waves their hands like it is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. Not, that you are trying to do this, I am generalising and being rhetorical.

Last, if you are satisfied, this is all that matters, IMHO.