• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Biggest Improvement in Martial Arts this year

I was just pondering what I've done in the last year in my martial arts career. I just thought this would be a great topic here at Karateforums.

My improvements have been my teaching abilities have come along decently, of course my grappling with the bjj training, and the one best one is a combined effort of myself and many others in building our kids class from one student of around 8 to 10 additional kids.

Enough about my year let's hear the other stories of success.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The biggest thing I've done in the past year was in just plain making the time to get more actively involved again. I had returned to school to get my Masters degree and as a result had scaled back my martial arts involvement significantly for about a year. Though I'm still working on the Masters degree, it's been great to give martial arts a more active role in my life again.

The biggest improvement I've made is the ground game since really getting into pure BJJ.

I'd like to think that my knife skills have come along as well with the big block of work I did on them mid year and the maintainance since.

My speed, Power, Flexibility.

Finer points of my technique.

Few other areas I want to improve on before the end of the year is my explosiveness from rest. Very very important to enable you to get the jump on the opponent.

I still need to work on confidence during sparring. I have the ability I just don't use it.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

My biggest improvements are that I've both stayed with Soo Bahk Do, earning promotions in the green belt levels, and yet tried different things in the martial arts, such as workshops and different arts for a period of time.

Speaking for my sons, David and Patrick have come along to make green belt, and I'm really proud of them, knowing they worked so hard.

:D

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Mine would be...

Passing my Hachidan in Shindokan Kobudo...finally!

AND

Becoming Kaicho and Chief Instructor of the Shindokan Hombu

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Mine has been in my improvement in Combat Hapkido. I found a good partner, and we really started hitting it hard. I hope to test sometime within the next year.

Mine has been in my improvement in Combat Hapkido. I found a good partner, and we really started hitting it hard. I hope to test sometime within the next year.

Hey...BTW...how goes the Combat Hapkido?

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!