• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ReBuilding of the WTC

KickChick

Six proposals to redevelop the World Trade Center site were released Tuesday to mixed reactions, with critics saying they included too much office space on hallowed ground and had too little imagination.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0207/wtc.site.rebuild/frameset.exclude.html

You decide!

"While no plan includes buildings as tall as the 110-story twin towers, each evokes the lost towers with at least one needle-like structure perched atop a building. The tallest structure in any of the plans is 85 stories.

Each plan includes the word ''memorial.''

John Whitehead, the head of the agency charged with rebuilding the site, said the proposals are works in progress and are subject to change before the final choice is made in December."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's really up to the New Yorkers, not my problem either way. Personally, I'd like to see large buildings rebuilt there, and I'm sure that makes the most sense economically. They were attacked because they were American commerce centers; how can office space be wrong?

On the other hand, it might get hard to find people to volunteer to work on the 85th floor of that site. :uhoh:

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com

It's not a "problem" .... yes, it's an issue and not just an issue for just "New Yorkers" its an issue for America and worldwide! Not just NY'ers were affected , but every single person in the world ... it was the "World Trade Center". True, New York will never be New York without the twin towers, they should rebuild them,when watching a movie set in New York, what do they show? the Twin Towers!! commercial about New York? Twin Towers!!!! commercial about America??? Twin Towers and the statue of liberty!!! in Europe commercial about the United States? Twin towers again!!!

I say rebuild them either exactly as they were, or even higher!

But I do like this architects work ... I really like the memorial he planned.

http://www.wtc2002.com/start.lasso

We need to rebuild the twin towers .... how more can you memorialize something than to build something back like it was? Let's show them we will not be intimidated. Dedicate the new towers in memory of those who died 9/11.

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-17 11:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-17 11:57 ]

I like the concept and the sentiment.

My only suggestion on the design is to add a few missile batteries on the helicopter levels.

At that height and location you could proctect

most of Manhattan.

It is certainly a better design concept than the others to date. :up: :up:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I liked the Triangle but its the lowerst total. O well Im glad its not those stupid things we saw back in the fall for ideas. LOL. I don't care what one we choose but being a history person we got to have some sort of site their for the people to come and see.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Yo, Zak. . . .how about if you come up with the more humane system FIRST; then we'll talk about killing capitalism. Your way is a little backward. :wink:

I understand that the rest of us were affected by the attack, but it's still their city and it should be up to New Yorkers. Actually, it should be up to whoever owns the property, but if they want to put it to a vote I think it would be silly if I got a vote in the matter. I don't live there and will not have to live with my choice. I could say "Aw, heck, don't be sissies! Let's put up 150 stories, shape it like a one-finger salute, and DARE them there terrorists to knock it down!"

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com