When I Take Off My Belt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each individual year can be viewed as a short-term goal. That was the point I was trying to make.

But, as with academics, once the primary goal is achieved, is this truly enough?

Not for some academics; those who choose to enter research or study. You could equate them to the lifelong practitioners of MA, the people who keep studying and training even though they've passed all their exams and there aren't any set short term goals to achieve. If they still want short-term goals they can set them personally but I think at this point, both in MA and academia you could say that the person is advanced enough not to need set short-term goals in order to guide their learning. Beginner students in either field often need short term goals to focus in order to know where to start and what they should be concentrating on at each stage.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Each individual year can be viewed as a short-term goal. That was the point I was trying to make.

But, as with academics, once the primary goal is achieved, is this truly enough?

That wasn't my concern. But since you ask, "never stop learning."