• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The importance of WTF Black Belt Poomse

1.Obtaining a Black Belt is only the first step in learning your art.

2.One should spend a lifetime trying to "perfect" their basic techniques.

3. How can one pass on the wonderful gift their KwanJangNim has given to them if they do not practice that gift?

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I when I did TSD, we practiced ALL the forms. We were also tested on ALL of them. In my TKD dojang we practice all of them. We have to know all of them. Because at testing, we don't do all of them, but we don't know which form the instructor will test us on. He'll just randomly pick a few.

Laurie F

After I got my black belt, I started to going to black belt only classes. I didn't practice the Taegeuk's anymore.

My teacher is now teaching us the Palgwes in addition with the black belt forms.

Classes are for learning new techniques and getting critiqued on old ones...they are not for practice. No disrespect intended...just an opinion.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

At our dojang, once you make black belt you are required to do an alternate (previous) form selected by the judge at your testing. Even if your form was great, your sparring phenomenal, and you break your board, if you cannot complete the alternate form correctly, you do not pass.

We are taught that black belt means proficiency and maturity at taekwondo. Not just proficiency in what I learned today, but all that I have learned.

1st Degree Black Belt

TaeKwonDo