• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Combinations involving backfists and knifehands

The competitions/tournaments that I judge/ref are all open to any system, so basically just about anything goes within reason. There are no extra points for kicks.

Realistically, in a street fight, hands are going to be used 90% of the time over kicks. Not to say that YOU can kick if you want to, but the vast majority of untrained fighters will be using their fists and aiming at your head.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've no combo's to present regarding the backfist/knifehand strikes that could be used in tournaments.

In Shindokan, being 85% hands, and in that, our hand technques are used to set up our Tuite, not for getting a point. Our hand set ups have gotten me more disqualified than I can remember. Our Tuite in Shindokan is entire body violence and this got me in trouble on the tournament circuit.

So for me, it's going to be a backfist by itself with no other hand set ups except feints and the like during a tournament.

Sorry!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I've no combo's to present regarding the backfist/knifehand strikes that could be used in tournaments.

In Shindokan, being 85% hands, and in that, our hand technques are used to set up our Tuite, not for getting a point. Our hand set ups have gotten me more disqualified than I can remember. Our Tuite in Shindokan is entire body violence and this got me in trouble on the tournament circuit.

So for me, it's going to be a backfist by itself with no other hand set ups except feints and the like during a tournament.

Sorry!

:)

I can see competitions, whereas limits the use of hands, and/or promotes the use of kicks, foremost, could bash and disquaified one with paramount hand tactics.