• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey everyone

I love these forums...the people are great and the design is really pretty...

Well anyway, I hadn't oficially started anything when I joined but now I'm taking white crane karate.

Shuriken: art of Japanese blade throwing

Shorin-ryu karate with influences from White Crane Kung Fu

15 years old

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey so you did finally find a school and your martial art! (spinninggumpy gave you some advice it seems :up:)

White Crane has a real cool history behind it:

Over 300 years ago in Southern China there lived a girl named Fang Chi Niang and her father had learned martial arts at the famous Shaolin temple and in turn started to teach his daughter. Unfortunately bandits killed her father and she swore revenge. But her training had not been completed and she wondered how she could defeat these stronger men! Then one morning she heard strange noises outside her window. When she looked out she saw 2 white cranes fighting each other. She observed their techniques of attack and defense for a while but then decidded to go out with a stick to shoo them away. But each time she struck out the birds easily evaded the stick! After a while they flew away, leaving Fang Chi Niang exhausted. So impressed was she by these bird's movements, that she incorporated their techniques into her fighting system. After 3 yrs. of hard training she lost her desire for revenge but became famous as the founder of White Crane!

.... I didn't know whether you were aware of the beginnings of the style you chose (but you did mention your dad was also in ma) ....

make Fang proud! :karate: :nod:

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-16 21:54 ]