• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is it true?

RichardZ

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've noticed, as I look through old magazines that I have, that there was a different attitude back then. They only way I can describe it as a "shut up & train" sort of thing. There was little flash, just a focus on hard work. Uniforms were simple, competitors bowed & gave it their all.

Sorry to sound like an old guy, but it ain't like that any more.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

There was flash. A guy by the name of Jeremy Blahemy, or something like, that put on national breaking demonstrations in a stars and stripes, red white and blue uniform.

There were satin Chinese uniforms

Then there were those walking around with many patches oer insignia.

There was flash. A guy by the name of Jeremy Blahemy, or something like, that put on national breaking demonstrations in a stars and stripes, red white and blue uniform.

Yes, there was flash. But it was more the exception than the rule. Satin & the stars & stripes uniforms seemed to be more for tournaments. Today, it seems like it's the 1st uniform lil Johnny gets as a white belt when his folks sign him up in the "master's club." (Sorry. Old guy bitterness, creeping in :dodgy:

I do miss the old days. But it's probably cuz my body misses my 17 year old

:D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Yes, there was flash. But it was more the exception than the rule. Satin & the stars & stripes uniforms seemed to be more for tournaments. Today, it seems like it's the 1st uniform lil Johnny gets as a white belt when his folks sign him up in the "master's club." (Sorry. Old guy bitterness, creeping in :dodgy:

I do miss the old days. But it's probably cuz my body misses my 17 year old

:D

I agree. Although such was still in every effort to trend with the current cultural style.

Even the late Bruce Lee wore hippy-like clothing. :D