• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

overcoming fear

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's funny as to how many of us say the same thing in different wording... I use to always tell my students this:

"I you cannot lose, then you cannot win..."

Sound Familiar???

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

what i do for all of my fights is pump myself up. i convince myself that im not going to lose and i'll just tear that guy to pieces. and after the fight i come back to reality.

Exactly!!!

Before I have MMA or Muay Thai fight I listen to hard rock and do Thai pad drills to get my adrenalin going. Also I'm not there to make friends or shake hands, I'm there for business, to beat the $hit out of my opponent and make him bleed, that's my job in the ring. Yet has all this happens I keep my fear under control, cause fear will keep you alert, awake and aware but only if it's kept under control, if not then you better not even step in the ring cause you'll seriously get hurt. Always remember fear can be a good thing!

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

About overcoming fear :) I was always attracted to walk in hands, BUT I also feared having my feet up ;D I'm terrified I could fall break my neck and so on ... so guess what's my new occupation, whenever I have few seconds ...

I just put my feet up, even for a second, cause I don't last too long ... and when some coleagues asked why I do this I answered I'm afraid and I do it :D Do you think it's crazy? :)

Yeah ... been there too :) Was scared to death ... Afterwards I tried to perform these techniques and I was lucky to have our instructor by my side. She helped me feel the joy of doing this, cause ukemi and other similar stuff are quite thrilling. The first thing is to stop being afraid and of course to trust your partner.

It's nice to have good and proficient persons around. It's even more pleasant when they turn out to be your friends :)

• 2 weeks later...
i want to know how i can defeat the fear of losing, without it i can really progress.

The way I see it what is winning or losing what's the difference between them, is the winner the one at the top of the podeum at the end of the day, he may have betten everyone but he may be disapointed with his preformance so even though he was the winner he still lost. The same is also true in reverse.

So I revert to a saying everyone will know "It doesn't matter if you win or lose it's how you play the game".

So just play the game whatever it may be and don't worry about attaching a tag to your preformance winner, loser, good ,bad.

As far as fear in concerned as someone up further said the only way to over come your fear of doing anything is to face it.

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.