• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Karate Newbie.Please help

sinclair84

Yeah, I would end up hurting myself or my partner if I tried to spar without glasses (either that or I'd just lose my balance and fall over due to my lack of depth perception). I just went to the eye doctor this morning (couldn't see the signs while driving anymore. Not good) and saw that contact lenses are only $20 or so a box (although it'd probably be more for the astigmatism correction, but I could probably do without that). I may have to get a box if we do sparring. I'm pretty sure they let you buy only one box... idk.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the greatest look in the world but I think you can get goggles made up to you're prescription. I have seen some people at tournaments wear them instead of contacts.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Yeah, I used to have a pair of those for swimming and lifeguard training. They're pretty cheap-- the ones I got were under $25. Of course they cut down on the periphial vision big time and if you want to get the cheaper version (aka- not go through your eye doctor) you can't get anything fancy like astigmatism fix and the prescription goes by .05 increments (aka: -1.00; -1.50; -2.00; -2.50 etc). They're pretty good for the price, though and they fix your vision well enough (I had to drive with them once home from swim practice-- my glasses broke).