• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Punishment in the Martial Arts

I didn't know Texas schools still allowed spanking. Interesting....I think in some ways, it could be a good thing.

Unless you're the one on the receiving end. :P California USE to allow spanking, I know, I've been on the receiving end of a few when I was at Robert Fulton Jr. High in Van Nuys, California.

Guess what? They [spankings] hurt and they made their perfect point, a point that I never forgot. Were my parents lacking in their discipline of me while I was growing up? NO WAY! My parents were very strict.

What I hated about the whole corporal punishment by the school was that just as soon as I got home after being spanked at school; I'd get spanked again by my parents. Man, talk about overkill of a lesson and/or a point! Sheech! My name's Bob, not Everlast!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I hated about the whole corporal punishment by the school was that just as soon as I got home after being spanked at school; I'd get spanked again by my parents. Man, talk about overkill of a lesson and/or a point! Sheech! My name's Bob, not Everlast!

:lol: You're killing me here, Bob!

We have a family friend who was the last to get the paddle at my home town high school. He apparently got it a lot, so the principle gave it to him to keep as a momento.

:lol: You're killing me here, Bob!

We have a family friend who was the last to get the paddle at my home town high school. He apparently got it a lot, so the principle gave it to him to keep as a momento.

Man oh man, I would've respectfully declined the momento...some momento, thanks but no thanks. Just looking at the momento would've cause my backside to have flashback pain.

Punishment? Never. I have found it necessary to reach out and grab everyone's undivided attention.

Once in a while a couple of students, or possibly several students, would be chattering away when I was trying to teach something. Now considering that I was just wasting my, and their, time by trying to teach under such circumstances, I found a way to focus their attention on the subject at hand, whilst still applying real technique.

I would stand in the center of the room and say these few words in a voice that everyone can hear. THREE, TWO...(Now if they let me get to ONE, it was irrevocably followed by HUNDRED SIDE KICKS...FOR THE ENTIRE ROOM.)

You would be amazed at how peer pressure works when the innocent parties shut down idle chatter. It doesn't take too many times before people start paying attention again.

Evil? Yes, but effective. Besides, can you ever do too many side kicks?

I would stand in the center of the room and say these few words in a voice that everyone can hear. THREE, TWO...(Now if they let me get to ONE, it was irrevocably followed by HUNDRED SIDE KICKS...FOR THE ENTIRE ROOM.)

You would be amazed at how peer pressure works when the innocent parties shut down idle chatter. It doesn't take too many times before people start paying attention again.

That's similar to what one of my teachers used to do in high school. If they got to one it meant a group detention. Used to work every time..

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 2 weeks later...
Evil? Yes, but effective. Besides, can you ever do too many side kicks?

Side kicks = no problem. Pushups = culprit better buy everyone dinner after class!!!

ROFL...I second the dinner thing!