• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The 2009 World Series; The Fall Classic!

sensei8

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, well! Yankees win game #4; 7-4, and the Yankees have pulled way ahead in the World Series; 3-1. You know what this means don't you? 1 more win and the Yankees are World Series Champions for the 27th time! Great night for the Yankees because the Yankee players were SOLID! Mo...well...he was awesome...again!

Now it's game #5, with the starting pitchers: Yankees: AJ Burnett (1-0) with an ERA of 3.87. Phillies: Cliff Lee (1-0) with an ERA of 3.97.

Will Lee, the Dragon, win victorious for the Phillies, as I predict, or will the Yankees slay the Dragon to win the World Series. I hope for the Yankees but if Lee has a game like he had in game #1, we'll lose deservingly so against the Phillies.

If so, it's cool. Yankees will go to the Bronx for game #6 and WIN THE WORLD SERIES!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

These last two games have definitely gone well. That was a great two out rally in the ninth. I always try to stay on a pretty even keel. :) So, we'll see what happens next.

As much as it irks me, Damon's heads-up base-running in game 4 was a big key. But Lee was good again in game 5. I wonder if he can pitch on 1 days rest???

The Yankees lost game #5. No real big surprise!

While I had already said that the Yankees would lose game #5 because of the pitching of Lee [who was scheduled to pitch game#4 but was moved to game #5 for added rest!].

Lee was strong but not as strong as he was in game #1. It was the Phillies bats coming alive that won game #5 for the Phillies.

Everything is mute from this point on because the Yankees will win the World Series TONIGHT in game #6 at home in the Bronx.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

:)

YAHOO! 9 year drought is over. YANKEES WIN THE WORLD SERIES! YANKEES WIN THE WORLD SERIES! YANKEES WIN THE WORLD SERIES!

Yankees win the 2009 World Series by beating the Phillies in game #6; 7-3. Everyone on the Yankee roster did an excellent job, especially Hideki Matsui who had 6 RBI's, this also earned Matsui MVP honors. Matsui's MVP was the first time anyone has earned the MVP without playing one inning on the field.

Phillies are a good team, they won the NLCS and that's important. I give the Phillies all of the respect!

YANKEES WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!

:D :bdaybiggrin: :bdaybiggrin: :bdaybiggrin:

It was a great team effort, which is what wins a title, of course. Matsui was big in that final game, Pettitte was great, as was Mo, but a lot of different people contributed. Really happy. It's a great feeling.

Congratulations to the Phillies and their fans on a great season, as well. Charlie Manuel said some very classy things after the game. Good man.