• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The 2009 World Series; The Fall Classic!

sensei8

The defending World Series Champions: The Philadelphia Phillies are primed and ready. The New York Yankees are primed and ready. Both teams are gunning for the other, but, in the end, only one will be the 105th World Series Champions.

The last time that the Phillies and the Yankees meet in the World Series was in the 1950 Fall Classic; Yankees swept that encounter 4-0, that was then, this is now! History just might repeat itself again when the New York Yankees emerge triumphant over the deshelved Phillies. But, hey, what else am I suppose to say? After all, I'm a die-hard Yankee fan!

Let the chips fall where they may because when it's all over and when all has been said and when all has been lost....the New York Yankees will be World Series Champions....again...their 27th World Series Ring, and once again taking their rightful place at the top of the mountain; as the most dominating club in MLB!

This World Series, imho, won't be a repeat of the 2001 or 2003 World Series in which the Yankees lost both repectfully to the Diamondbacks and then the Marlins. No, it'll be a battle from start to finish between these two clubs, and in that, the 2009 World Series Championship series will go 4-3, YANKEES WIN! YANKEES WIN! YANKEES WIN!

The New York Yankees have played in 40 of the 105 Series through 2009 and have won 26 World Series championships through 2008, the most of any Major League franchise and exactly one quarter of all World Series titles won to date.

The Phillies want to repeat as Champions, but, there's something in their way of accomplishing this amazing feat, and, it's the Yankees who want to re-establish their dynasty in MLB, proving once again to the naysayers that the New York Yankees are truly America's Team!

Dynasty? Yes, DYNASTY! The New York Yankees appeared in their first World Series in 1921, and became frequent participants thereafter. Over a period of 45 years, 1920 to 1964, the Yankees played in the World Series 29 times. This period reached its apex between 1949 and 1964, when the Yankees reached the World Series 14 times in sixteen years (missing only 1954 and 1959), winning nine. From 1949 to 1953, the Yankees won the World Series five years in a row; no other franchise has won more than three consecutively.

Am I excited? OH YEAH!!!!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Go Phillies!!!!! :D

ROFLMBBO!!!! :lol:

Every team must have someone cheer for the team that's not going to win, therefore, the Phillies have Brian! :P

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

[bTW, this is only meant as fun Brian!]

Funny guys. Be nice! :)

Congrats to the Phillies and their fans. It should be a great series and a nerve wracking experience for both fan bases. :) Good luck.

Yes, I agree, this World Series should be exciting and nerve racking for both teams as well as the fans.

Onto Game #1: [Here's what I noticed!]

Yankees lost game #1 in the 2009 World Series against the Phillies by the score of 6-1.

Yankess will still win the World Series!

Why?

Enter the dragon...not Bruce Lee...but...Cliff Lee, pitcher of the Phillies is a weapon to be reckoned with, but, the Yankees couldn't slay this dragon. Solid performance by Cliff Lee! The only wins that the Phillies will get during this World Series will be on the talent and arm of Cliff Lee, IMHO!

Why?

Because the remaining of the Phillies pitching staff is monsteratively less across the board than Cliff Lee.

Again, the Yankees will win the World Series; 4-2.

Reason is this. Cliff Lee is the only Philly pitcher that can handle the Yankees. Therefore, Cliff Lee's already won game #1 for the Phillies; Cliff Lee will win game #4 for the Phillies...and that's it.

Game #2 againt Pedro Martinez; Yankees will get 5 runs in the first 5 innings...just to start things!

Yes, the Phillies are defending World Series Champions, but, the Phillies weren't playing against the Yankees in the World Series last year...now they are.

Remember, this post is just my opinion and in that, it's also a post that's meant to be fun, poke a little at the Phillies. Please don't get me wrong. The Phillies are great and they're great enough to have made it to the World Series. No matter who wins; this will be a fun World Series!

Stats don't lie, therefore, proof is on the field!

GO YANKEES!!!!

:D

The Yankees did win game 2, with 3 earned runs off of Pedro over 6 innings. Burnett and Mo were both very sharp. Game 3 next. :)

The Yankees did win game 2, with 3 earned runs off of Pedro over 6 innings. Burnett and Mo were both very sharp. Game 3 next. :)

Yeah, what Patrick said! :P :lol:

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

Game #3 went to the Yankees over Phillies; 8-5, after a long rain delay! Of course and as to be expected...Mo was Mo the mower! Heheheeeee, I kill myself! :roll:

Now, Game #4 is next....Yankees will win that! Game #5....Yankees will lose that one because Cliff Lee of the Phillies will make sure of that. Moving Lee from game #4 to game #5 to give Lee some added rest was smart, and the Yankees will more than likely face another in the 'L' column.

That will bring the Yankees back to the Bronx for games #6 and game #7. We won't need a game #7!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, is it bad of me to want to set up a TV in the main Hombu classroom while I'm teaching so that I don't miss any of the World Series?