• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ip Man- a Biopic of the legendary Ip Man, Master Instructor of Bruce Lee in Wing Tsun. Ip Man is played by Donnie Yen whom I love as an actor!

I am stoked to purchase and watch this movie. Has anyone here seen it and have any comments on it?

Asa side note: has anyone else seen the video interview clip of Ip Chun, the son of Ip Man, on youtube?

"It is better to die for one's master than to fight the enemy."

- Hagakure

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. The choreography was technically excellent, but lacking in a sense of tension. The main character was never in a situation where he was actually endangered by anyone he was fighting. The Northern master, the ten karateka, the final fight- he crushed everyone he came up against without effort. Some struggle would have made for a vastly superior experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen this movie, and loved it, I was reading somewhere, if I can find it I will post it, but the final fight was actually a cake walk for him. It mentioned the Japanese General only knocked him down once, which he did in the film.

Believe in your style

• 5 months later...

ok, it's time for me to go watch it. I just hope it's not like most asian made martial arts movies...flying and fighting for half hour.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Second One is better :)

Second One?

:-?

If you mean by second one...Ip Man 2...I concur, although I've not seen it. Having seen Ip Man, I'm juiced up about Ip Man 2.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 4 weeks later...