• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beginner in Karate: What style should I go for?

Abari Isamu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think most importantly, you need to find out what credible teachers there are in your area. After all, unless you live in Japan, many styles may not be taught near you.

So round about where do you live?

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

If you're interested in traditional Japan Karate Association shotokan karate, there is also a dojo in your area with a good instructor it seems. The website for the West Tennessee Karate Association is down, but you can contact the director (Ben Anderson) at wtnkarate@remgaz.com

The dojo is a member of the JKA, and the JKA/AF

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

Wow, thanks man I really appreciate the links you guuys are really helping me out in a big way. I head of a Shotokan Karate dojo in Jackson Tennesse which a little closer, its called Bob Bass Shotokan Karate. If somone could take a look at the it and gve me their professional opinion it would be appreciated.

http://basskarate.com/

Wow, thanks man I really appreciate the links you guuys are really helping me out in a big way. I head of a Shotokan Karate dojo in Jackson Tennesse which a little closer, its called Bob Bass Shotokan Karate. If somone could take a look at the it and gve me their professional opinion it would be appreciated.

http://basskarate.com/

Sorry, but, you're not going to like what I'm about to say because it's probably not what you're wanting to hear. It's very difficult to rate any school of the martial arts by viewing their website. Yes, I did look at the link, but, the website was very basic in information as well as in it's look.

Therefore, and this is with any school of the martial arts; VISIT THE SCHOOL SEVERAL TIMES! Then, make an informed decision.

Good luck and let us know.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!