• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MLB Playoffs

Patrick

Phillies again! Phillies again! Phillies win game 4 of the NLCS over the lost Dodgers...again in this NLCS series; 3-1. The Dodgers can't seem to figure or beat the Phillies no matter what they do.

Phillies win over the Dodgers; 5-4. Phillies are just 1 game from clinching their 5th NLCS since 1969, therefore, the Phillies will be winning NLCS in back to back years. Phillies beat the Dodgers in last years (2008) NLCS series; 4-1.

History DOES have a nasty habit of repeating itself! MLB is no exception to the rule!

Can the Dodgers win the NLCS? Can the Dodgers win 3 straight games against the Phillies, who have figured out how to beat the Dodgers? Well...YES...if the Phillies can't remember how to get to their own stadium. And that's not ever going to happen. If by some miracle, and baseball has been known to pull them off once in a while, and the Dodgers win game #5 of the NLCS, then games #6 and #7 will be played at Dodger stadium.

So....

Come on Dodgers!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think the Dodger's pitching is as good as the Phillies, so I look for the Phils to close this deal out.

As for Mo pitching only one inning...I think that is about all he can go, with any kind of consistency. Sure, Girardi could try to pitch him 2 innings to seal up a win, but at what cost? If he can't go the next day, and save a 1 run game, then you've lost out on the usefullness of Mo.

In one way, thats why I don't like relief pitching. But, its the way the game is played now.

YANKEES WIN OVER THE ANGELS...10-1 in game #4 of the ALCS. A-Rod had one great game; he was on fire.

One more win for the Yankees, then, it's on to the fall classic against the Phillies.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't think the Dodger's pitching is as good as the Phillies, so I look for the Phils to close this deal out.

As for Mo pitching only one inning...I think that is about all he can go, with any kind of consistency. Sure, Girardi could try to pitch him 2 innings to seal up a win, but at what cost? If he can't go the next day, and save a 1 run game, then you've lost out on the usefullness of Mo.

In one way, thats why I don't like relief pitching. But, its the way the game is played now.

You're absolutely right Brian, the Dodger's pitching and bats aren't as good as the defending champion Phillies. Not even close. And I was so hoping for a Yankee VS Dodgers World Series.

Well, Mo can do more than 1 inning! In last nights ALCS game #4, Mo went 2 and 1/3 innings. Mo, in his longest outing of the season, allowed one hit and struck out two from the 8th inning through the 10th inning in Game 2 of the ALCS Saturday night. It was Mo's longest postseason outing since he threw 3 innings and was the winning pitcher in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS against the Red Sox. Mo is regularly used for 2 innings in the postseason; he has 12 career 2-inning saves in October.

Mo's ERA in this post season is now already the best in history among pitchers who have thrown at least 40 innings - from 0.74 to 0.72!

Girardi can do anything he wants because he's the manager. Possibly Girardi always had planned to use Mo for that one inning. Possibly Girardi was scared when Mo did the overthrow to 3rd base and didn't want to take a chance for another mistake. Possibly Girardi was upset over the overthrow to 3rd base and took Mo out because he can. I'd like to think that Mo was only going to be in for that one inning, Either way, it's all good!

Without relief pitchers, the starting pitchers roster would have to be 3 times deeper than it is now. Without relief pitchers, pitching careers would be real short. I'm glad we have relief pitchers because once a starting pitchers arm is useless, we can bring in relief to protect an ailing arm. Most managers don't like their starting pitchers to throw more than necessary and in that, the manager keeps a close watch on pitch counts.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Well, Bill James has some interesting arguements about pitching rotations and such, but I'll let that lie for now.

As for Mo pitching extra innings, are they on a day off now? If so, that could be why he pitched Mo the extra innings. On back to back games, I don't see Girardi doing that with Mo.

Oh BOY! The Phillies beat the Dodgers 10-4 in the NLCS game #5. Now, the Phillies say..."We want the Yankees!" Sheech, be careful what you ask for Phillies because you might get more than you can handle...but being fair and all that I am...the Yankees might get clobbered by the defending World Series Champions.

Anything's possible in baseball! I see a Yank/Philly World Series going ALL 7 games!

Play ball....oh yeah....GO YANKEES!

Well, Bill James has some interesting arguements about pitching rotations and such, but I'll let that lie for now.

As for Mo pitching extra innings, are they on a day off now? If so, that could be why he pitched Mo the extra innings. On back to back games, I don't see Girardi doing that with Mo.

Brian,

I love how you say "interesting arguements..." concerning Bill James, AND I concur, but, for stats, he's a stat freak...and a Red Sox. :P

As far as Mo pitching extra innings...I'll just let the stats that I already posted speak for themselfs...

"Well, Mo can do more than 1 inning! In last nights ALCS game #4, Mo went 2 and 1/3 innings. Mo, in his longest outing of the season, allowed one hit and struck out two from the 8th inning through the 10th inning in Game 2 of the ALCS Saturday night. It was Mo's longest postseason outing since he threw 3 innings and was the winning pitcher in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS against the Red Sox. Mo is regularly used for 2 innings in the postseason; he has 12 career 2-inning saves in October."

Well...Angels won in game #5 of the ALCS against the Yankees; 7-6. It's all good because the series returns to the Bronx.

GO YANKEES!!!!!

YANKEES WIN! YANKEES WIN! YANKEES WIN the 2009 ALCS Championship! Beating the Angels 5-2.

Andy Pettite was awesome! Mo was awesome! A-Rod was awesome! The entire Yankee roster was...AWESOME!

Phillies! You want the Yankees? You wanted the Yankees in the World Series? Well, you've got the Yankees this Wednesday in the bronx at Yankee Stadium, be careful about what you ask for because you WILL regret it. The Phillies are well rested and that's good because their going to need the rest. Why are the Phillies going to need the rest? Pppppplllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee....THE NEW YORK YANKEES are coming and their HOT and ON FIRE!!!!!!!!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!

:D