• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!

The Yankee's swept the Twins. Now the Yankee's will face the Angels. I believe that this championship series for the American League will be a fight. Angels aren't to ever be taken lightly and the worse thing that the Yankee's could do, and they won't, would be to underestimate the Angels.

Mo did his job and did it well! In my opinion, Mo's about the best reliever in the game!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'm sorely disappointed in the Twins. Then again, their payroll isn't much, and they drained themselves even nudging into the playoffs in the first place. Once again, "maybe next year" is the motto.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

The New York Yankees lead in the ALCS with the Angels...2-0 and now it's off to Anaheim for three games before coming back to Yankee Stadium. Thus far the Angels defense has been lackidasical, to say the least...I LOVE IT!

Dodgers and the Phillies are tied...1-1 in their NLCS with 3 games in Philly before bringing it back to Dodgerville!

I'd love to see the Yanks and the Dodgers rekindle their rivalry. Last time these two faced each other in the World Series was back in 1981 when the Dodgers beat the Yankees; series went 4-2, in favor of Dodger Blue!

But, the Yankees have been to the World Series an amazing 39 times. New York Yankees have won 26 times and have only lost 13 times. Yankees World Series' winning percentage is a whopping .667%!!! Last time that the Yankees won the World Series was in 2000, and that was against the Mets, and that series went 4-1 in favor of the Yanks. The Yankees have won the most titles of any major-sports franchises in North America. On the flip-side of that coin, the Yankees also have the most World Series losses, because the Yankees have been to the World Series the most, next to the Dodgers and the Giants who have lost 12 World Series' each. But the Dodgers have only been to the World Series a slim 18 times and of these 18 visits to the World Series, they've won only 6, but still, 18 times to the World Series places the Dodgers directly right behind the Yankees, and this a respected stat.

Dodgers have won the most NL pennants and the last time that the Dodgers were in the World Series was back in 1988 against the Athletics; series went 4-1, in favor of Dodger Blue.

Just one last note worth sharing; winning percentage of the 4 teams in CLS:

>Yankees .667%

>*Angels 1.000%

>Dodgers .333%

>Phillys .333%

*Note: Their one and only trip/win to the World Series was back in 2002 against the Giants came under the name "Anaheim Angels"; no World Series appearances under the names "California Angels" or "Los Angeles Angels."

OK...Sorry for the baseball history...still...GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

I'm sorely disappointed in the Twins. Then again, their payroll isn't much, and they drained themselves even nudging into the playoffs in the first place. Once again, "maybe next year" is the motto.

Payroll or smayroll. Who cares, it's just a fact of baseball, and I agree, it does suck. Because of the Yanks very large payroll, many in baseball say that players play on teams other than the Yankees to only improve and then to get noticed by the Yankees, and then they play for the Yanks...and for the big and I mean bigger paychecks.

Look at Yankee sign-up history...A-Rod went to the Yanks in 2004 from the Rangers, before that A-Rod was with Seattle, A-Rod earned a whopping contract for 10 year/$275 MILLION. Reggie Jackson signed up with the Yankees in 1976 to a 5 year/2.96 MILLION. Where was Reggie before coming to the Yanks bank? The only team he's ever known... the Athletics. Roger Clemons started with Red Soxs, then the Blue Jays, then to the Yankees for two years, then to the Astros, then back to the Yankees for $28 MILLION for that pro-rated year or about $4.7 million per month. Over the contract life, he would make $18.7 MILLION. This is to mention just a few! This is baseball, and to get the big payroll in ones backpocket, one has to be GREAT, just like the YANKEES!!!!

BTW, the Twins have been to the World Series 6 times with 3 wins and 3 losses. The last time the Twins were to the World Series was back in 1991 when the Twins beat the Braves; series was 4-3 in favor of the Twins.

Next time could be sooner than later!

Phillies SPANK the blue right off the Dodgers with the score for Game #3 for the NLCS...11-0, which puts the Phillies back in the drivers seat with a lead in their series...2-1. Will this series go to a game #7? I think/hope so because these two are going to trade the 'W' thoughout this championship series.

BTW, Yankees at the Angels this coming Monday with Pettittle on the mound for the Yankees; he's got a 4.16 ERA. Angels are going with Weaver; he's got a 3.75 ERA. What the Yankees got going for them right now...HOT BATS and the Angels have COLD BATS....hehehehehehehehehehehe.....bats from the frozen tundra.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, Bob. I didn't know you were such a baseball buff. Thanks for sharing all that info. Love it.

Have you ever read anything by Bill James?

Wow, Bob. I didn't know you were such a baseball buff. Thanks for sharing all that info. Love it.

Have you ever read anything by Bill James?

I LOVE baseball and I LOVE the Yankees. It was my pleasure to share the info.

Yeah, I've read Bill James, eventhough he's STILL works for the Red Sox's! Sheech! Bill's a statisical freak, and I mean this in a good way and in an admirable way. If I want TRUE stats, then I hunt down Bill James stats and stuff.

Some of the books that I've read are: "The Bill James Historical Baseball Abstract", "This Time Let's Not Eat the Bones", "Whatever Happened to the Hall of Fame?" [This book used to be called "The Politics Of Glory"], "The Bill James Guide to Baseball Managers", "The Bill James Handbook", "How Bill James Changed Our View of Baseball: by Colleagues, Critics, Competitors and Just Plain Fans" (I love this one), and "The Bill James Gold Mine". I've read some of his stuff, but, not all of his stuff!

Did you know that Bill James received 2 World Series Rings from the Red Sox wins in 2004 and 2007. Perks of working for the Red Sox's....must be nice...the World Series rings, not the working for the Red Sox's.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!

:)

DRAT!!!!!!!!!! :o

Angels won in the bottom of the 11th innings by the score 5-4 with a game winning RBI double by Angels catcher, Mathis.

Oh well, it's only one game, it's ok. The shock for me was that Mo only lasted 1 inning! Mo blew a simple throw to third, but, the Angels didn't take advantage of the Mo boo-boo which for some reason, wasn't scored as an error for Mo. After that mistake, Mo was solid. BUT, Girardi pulls the greatest closer ever in baseball out of the game for only God knows why. Sheech! What kind of hurt the Yanks was Girardi playing musical strange chairs with his players. You go here and you go there and wait no you go in for this guy and then you pitch and then you DH and then you take over in left field and....WOW! Baseball is simple, until Managers start to NOT USING THEIR NOGGINS!!! And Girardi started to complicate the simple game of baseball.

Oh well, as I've said it 10 billion times before and I'll say it another 10 billion time; I'm not in the MLB and they are.

Yankees are still leading the ALCS series by 2-1. Two more games in California, then, back to the Bronx.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

:)

Edited by sensei8