• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SKIF Pre-Arranged Sparring Techniques?

SakranMM

Last night in class (SKIF dojo), we went over 1-step sparring techniques. They were known as "Jodan #1" or "Mae Geri defense #3", etc...

Does anyone know if and where I can get a list of these numbered techniques to aid in memorization of the combinations? Thanks.

In Christ,

Michael

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Unless they have a website... or if they happen to be posted on youtube... other than that, school specific waza would probably be awful hard to find on the internet.

As I've mentioned a few other times, I've always found taping kata or other techniques very helpful for review purposes... if you can talk others into performing them for you on tape. Some people are fine with it, but others might not necessarily be comfortable with it.

You ought to ask at your school if they are already in written form somewhere, or if they are already posted online somewhere.

Hello,

SKIF is Hirokazu Kanazawa's Shoto group.

As such it is very well served in terms of media available.

Here is a link the the US group:

http://skifusa.com/

Under the "catalog" section there an extensive list of titles.

Enjoy

WNM

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

White belt...back to the bottom I suppose. ; )

I didn't tell them I am a Shodan-ho in American Karate; just as well, since I am having to unlearn some of my old habits from the past in order to conform to traditional Shotokan technique.