• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Joshinmon Shorin Ryu

RealitySeeker

Hello guys,I'm kind of new to karate and i started training Joshinmon Shorin Ryu at a dojo in my town a few days ago.

Does anyone know anything for this style and it's belts.

Be free to post links and stuff maybe a info from you and try not to complicate so much cuz i'm kind of new and may not get anything.

My skype is " batbat0.105 "

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well... regarding belts, in my experience, every organization is different, meaning that you can look at two different schools, and even if they practice the same style, their ranking system can be drastically different. So I can be taking Shotokan Karate at School A and my first promotion is from white belt to red belt, or over at School B my first promotion might be to blue belt.

My point is: the colors of the belts aren't necessarily of any significant importance (other than white or black) because there is significant variation between school

I'm of the opinion that you should just ask an instructor what the ranking system is like. I can give you examples of the ranking systems of other organizations, but that won't necessarily help you because it'll probably be different than the one at the school where you're now training.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

I'm not familiar with what Joshinmon is, but Shorin Ryu is a fairly popular, well know style of Karate. As for the ranks, they can vary from school to school, depending on instructor experience and preference. Some will have a different color per rank, and some will have one 3 colors, with 3 different grades per color. So, you'd be better off asking the instructor about the ranking system.