• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Painful minor injuries

Bastich

I was involved in some very intense full contact sparring on monday night and didn't realise until we had stopped but i have taken several layers of skin off the underside of both big toes. I now have two rather large flaps of skin hanging on both feet which are obviously very sore.

I have taped them up to enable me to go to my lesson tonight but it got me wondering about other injuries people may have got during training that although minor were actually quite painful.

Yup, I had that regularly in the earlier grades. Now I kind of have a second sole on my feet haha. Once the skin hardens from use it doesnt happen any more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my worst one was that i broke bones in the top of my foot two days before my shodan test. i was sparring a guy for his first test and threw a round house and caught elbow. then i was told that my teacher would not tell the test board that i had a broken foot until after the test was over. but it was also my greatest compliment when one of the judges would have never guessed that i had anything wrong with my foot and could find nothing incorrect in my kata.

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

I recently broke my toe still aching a wee bit. Someone in my club told me that most martial artists with alot of experience will have broken all 10 toes and most of the time not really realise it.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community , against his will, is to prevent harm to others" (J.S Mill, On Liberty; 135)

• 5 weeks later...

Worst was a torn deltoid muscle done while at a bunkai clinic. I didn't think it was that bad and still went to class and that night what ever was holding it together decided it was done. Took me out for 2 months. Of course I could still practice Katas but only with one hand.

Let's see for me......

I took a great hit at Kagami Biraki last year. I was Sparring with this person who has no control and he gave me such a hit to the shoulder that it nearly made me cry. I could not raise my arm for a week.

I was Sparring with someone and I kicked their Shin Bone with my toe and sprained my big toe.

And my latest injury is, a pulled Groin Muscle. I pulled it over a week ago and it's healing.

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

Hi I'm new :D I'm still recovering from a hard strike to the solarplexus from last Saturday, thought i'd taken it well at first but a few seconds later it was quite clear that I hadn't.

Has anyone here had a serious injury from being hit in the solarplexus ?

Hmm not a serious injury as such. We have a 6th Dan visiting instructor who hit me exactly there a couple of times as part of a demonstration and then decided not to go for a third after I struggled to take the 2nd one.

I do Wado Ryu Karate and so far the injuries I sustained were:

A Sprained Big Toe ( I was doing a Maegeri and I kicked someone's shin with my big toe

Recently I pulled my groin muscle and was out for a week and then when I went back to Karate I aggravated the injury again so I was out for another week.

Now am back Training and everything is okay.

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

I've had my more than my share of injuries, both minor as well as major. Sad things is I've had my share of self inflicted injuries...they hurt my pride more than my body, although my body would differ.

Self inflicted? Yeah! Experimenting with new weapon and/or new technique, in which I wasn't well versed in at the time of the injury, but, nonetheless, I paid for my mistakes in more ways than one.

Sometimes I DO need more than one brick over my head before I get the point and/or learn my lesson, both for the good as well as for the bad.

I can say OUCH in many different languages now......heheheheehehehe

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!