• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Starting new class tonight.

There isn't anything else. No boy scouts, girl guides, etc. Literally there's the after school program and that's it. They were in full support and even the staff's kids are involved; teachers too.

The school didn't bark at it because it's a for-profit program? They just let you hang up the posters...on school property? Again, it's not what one says, but, it's how one says it!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you mean, Bob? :)

Sounds like an interesting program, congrats Shawn.

Thanks,

Patrick

What do you mean, Bob? :)

Sounds like an interesting program, congrats Shawn.

Thanks,

Patrick

I commend cathal 100% and I wish cathal the very best and much success!

I'm just so facinated that the school was so willing, when it's been my experience that school's are very closed-minded about being so willing to help outside programs. "Not on school property!" is what's heard the most from principals/administrations.

Therefore, it's not what one says, but, it's the way it's said. I go in with a clad-iron program and presentation, then, cathal, for example, walks in with a clad-iron program and presentation, but, the school/administration picks her over me. It's not what I said, but, it's the way I said it. Maybe, I wasn't clear enough and cathal was. Again, it's not what I said, but, it's the way I said it. Maybe, I gave them everything that they were looking for, but, I was short/rude/down-my-nose to them and cathal wasn't!

Cathal...I bow to you and I sincerely wish you the very best!

Thank you sensei8, I appreciate it very much. I'm not running a for-profit dojo, though, which is probably why it went over so well...but with nothing else in place they kind of had to let me in, but it was challenging to get the paperwork done.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Thank you sensei8, I appreciate it very much. I'm not running a for-profit dojo, though, which is probably why it went over so well...but with nothing else in place they kind of had to let me in, but it was challenging to get the paperwork done.

Not for profit! EXCELLENT! Do the kids pay anything? If so, then this money is more than likely being used for the conducting of and the continuation of your program because materials and the like aren't cheap.

Again, I still bow to you and I respect you!

The kids pay for their gi & any equipment they need like gloves but I already have all the stuff to run the dojo.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• 3 weeks later...