• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

buying black belt

shorin

jaddensinn: were you satisfied from kuroobiya ? i consider to purchse from them....

I was VERY pleased with their service. I placed my order and it was processed the very same day, I received my belt very quickly. I believe the owner's name is Hamid if I remember correctly, he personally responds to all queries you place on the site and answered all my ridiculous questions I had at the time, so if you have any questions for them you can expect a speedy response. I'll definitely use them again in the future.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i don't care if the belt shines or slighly shines and also i don't care if the embroidery is shown on both sides or on one side only...

i do care about buying belt that will last for long term and not being expensie so much... just a simple belt that has my name embroiderd on it...

currently i have a KI DELUXE EMBROIEDED belt that lasted 9 years... i'm still able to wear her but she is starting to come apart and the size is a bit small for me :)

at the moment i'm quite sure of buying hirota from kuroobiya:

http://kuroobiya.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_10&products_id=28

tell me your opinion ?

• 3 weeks later...

Satin and silk belts are obviously more shiny, but they shred/fray more quickly than a cotton belt as a rule. This is mainly about the outside of the belt. The inside material of a satin and cotton belt is often the same, given the same brand, so overall durability is also usually about the same. It's just how quickly the outside wears. Satin is often more expensive than cotton, and silk is often more than satin. If you want your black belt to stay black longer, avoid satin or silk. If you like the tattered look, consider it.

Eosin Panther has been around a long time and has a great reputation, but your name, shorin, leads me to believe you're from an Okinawan style, and many Okinawan and Japanese karateka prefer Okinawan and Japanese brands for gis and belts. I've seen people recommend Kuroobiya, but I have no experience with them myself.

Hirota has an excellent reputation. I hear that their gis are very popular in Japan. They are very nice. I would guess that their belts are good quality, too. The one you linked to seems to be on their low end and is probably okay, but I would guess that it won't compare with their high end products. This is just a guess, but it might have fewer lines of stitching and a lower thread count on the covering material, or maybe the inside material is different. I'm not saying you wouldn't be happy with it. Just a couple of my thoughts.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com