• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin and women

Ti

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think that some of that training does have merit. But, there are different ways to approach it, and everyone has ideas of how to approach it. I think I'd rather take my hits in sparring, as opposed to standing and getting hit, but, if done with a responsible training partner, it could be productive.

I'm also kind of impressed to see a spinning hook kick done by the white belts. I think I'll bookmark those vids, too, because I see some things I think I'd like to work with. Thanks for sharing them.

OSU,

I can't really talk about Kyokushin as such but as My style is Ashihara, an offshot of Kyokushin, I can say that women and men are treated equally within the style. For competitions etc Men and women don't "fight" each other but in their respective Dojo's men and women spar with each other alot. I fought some women who are better fighters than some of the male fighters I had the pleasure of coming up against.

Only issue is that on some women, sparring becomes a bit tippy tappy with them as I'm a heavyweight so a full blow from me will be too hard.

I do hate on some women I have fought that, when I have "placed" a technique on them to the jaw/head etc they carry on as if they had not been hit. I tend to give them enough to realise the technique was there but no enough to cripple

I tend to have body conditioning at a slight less than the men unless of course when its more than one woman where they can condition as hard as they need too.

I'd recommend putting this on K4L too as its a Kyokushin forum

OSU

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

OSU,

I can't really talk about Kyokushin as such but as My style is Ashihara, an offshot of Kyokushin, I can say that women and men are treated equally within the style. For competitions etc Men and women don't "fight" each other but in their respective Dojo's men and women spar with each other alot. I fought some women who are better fighters than some of the male fighters I had the pleasure of coming up against.

Only issue is that on some women, sparring becomes a bit tippy tappy with them as I'm a heavyweight so a full blow from me will be too hard.

I do hate on some women I have fought that, when I have "placed" a technique on them to the jaw/head etc they carry on as if they had not been hit. I tend to give them enough to realise the technique was there but no enough to cripple

I tend to have body conditioning at a slight less than the men unless of course when its more than one woman where they can condition as hard as they need too.

I'd recommend putting this on K4L too as its a Kyokushin forum

OSU

I was actually reading about ashihara last night, interestedin back story to it. At least the wikipedia version.

I konw how you feel about the whole "placed" a hit on them. For some reason people don't understand you pulled it and think, you couldn't do it.

My other question is, I think your style doesn't punch to the face as well.

So when you pair up with a woman, do you punch her in her chest?

Ti-san

Yeah Ashihara has a good historical back ground, Kancho Ashihara was an orignal Uchi Deshi of Sosai Oyama.

We don't punch to the face in my school but I do allow strikes to the side of the head (reason being the face is SOOOOO easy to hit it doesn't take 10+ years of training to be able to do that).

We do allow strikes to the front although discretion is acknowledged if the woman has forgotten her chest guard.

We do allot more grabbing in my school too I think Kyokushin rules don't allow grabbing in the comps etc.

Osu!!!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)