• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not sure about TKD, but in TSD we have a group of forms called the Yuk Ro forms. They include Du Mun, Joong Jul, Po Wol, Yang Pyun, Sahl Chu and Choong Ro. I was wondering if other TSd practitioners, or TKD practitioners, study them.

I was also wondering about the pronunciation. I had heard that it is pronounced "Yoong No," and my Master, ChungSaNim Melissa Paone, confirmed that. I was just wondering if anyone else knew that, because my school's owners, two Sam Dans, maintain it is pronounced phonetically. Anyone else know?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can't help you on either of these. The only TKD forms I have been familiar with are the Palgwes, Chang on, Tae Gueks, and the ATA forms. Perhaps those were some of the early forms that Gen. Choi taught before he began instituting his Chang on system?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The "yoongno" pronunciation is do to the phonetic rules of Korean when the "k" and the "r" come together.

The forms are six in number. I am a practitioner of MDK TSD. I do not believe these forms were introduced until after the MDK TKD split from GM Hwang Kee.

There are also 7 Chilsung forms that were formulated by GM Hwang Kee and introduced about the same time.

"It is better to die for one's master than to fight the enemy."

- Hagakure