• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hobbies

pittbullJudoka

My biggest hobby outside martial arts is watching wrestling. I've kept up with it for about 12 years pretty regularly now.

I'm really into social networking - forums, Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Delicious, all of that stuff.

I want to start blogging on a more regular basis about stuff that isn't "random stuff I did today" or something stupid. I've written a few of my own reviews for WWE DVDs and am looking at adding in a review of TNA's Ultimate Matches DVD pretty soon. Plus I'd like to add in a few martial arts posts too.

Outside of that, I'm going to school for interactive media and journalism, so I try to keep up with trends in both.

I love listening to music - heavy metal is my favorite but I've been moving into other genres of rock.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hobbies outside martial arts, well I have a few.

I'm kind of a geek, and I love to study, so I've been trying to make my way through a bunch of Korean studies books in preparation for a Korean studies masters course I plan on taking.

I also love sports, American football and baseball (sorry, but at this moment I HATE the Yankees Twins fan here) mostly. I'll also watch the world version of football.

I, like most of you, haven't had a ton of time, but I like playing video games on the PS3. Valkyria Chronicles is the latest one. It's a really great RPG/RTS game. Very interesting concept, beautiful use of watercolors in the storytelling and animations.

I'm also on facebook. If you guys want to contact me, PM me here, and I'll send you a link to my FB page.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I compete in strength sports (strongman and powerlifting), it's been a while though, just enjoying working out for the sake of it the past year or so.

I'm big into home repairs and working on my house, slowly building up my collection of tools and adding improvements to our home.

I cook, read, watch true crime TV shows, play video games, and take care of my family otherwise. I have a mild interest in shodo (Japanese calligraphy) right now.

Activities:

God is first in my life above everything else, then my family's after that...well...then it's...Shindokan Karate-Do, Martial Arts, camping, hiking, biking, swimming, skiing (water/snow), basketball, baseball, bowling, and fishing. These are the main activities that I enjoy the most!

Interests:

THE NEW YORK YANKEES, Creature Bleachers, Mo' the greatest closer in baseball...EVER, Reading, Chess, modeling, Piano, Guitar (Bass more than other types of Guitar), NASCAR, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Cowboys, but, wow, I'm interested in alot of things, but, this will suffice for now.

Favorite Music:

Guns N' Roses, Meat Loaf, Elvis, Beatles...Country, Rock/Roll, Blues, Gospel...sheech...I like all types of music, but, if I eliminate "peeling-paint-off-the-walls" Heavy Metal and Rap with swearing words, then, I love all genre of music except those two I've just mentioned.

Favorite TV Shows:

This list could go on forever...Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Hells Kitchen, Black Gold, American Idol, The Amazing Race, Ice Road Truckers, Deadliest Catch, Pawn Stars, The Apprentice, Repo...well...mostly everything on the History Channel and on the Discovery Channel. I love TMC and old TV shows like Adam-12, Ironside, Dragnet, Marcus Welby M.D., The A-Team, Hawaii Five-O and on and on and on. Whew...that's enough for now!

Favorite Movies:

Bat-21, Enter The Dragon, Stalag 17, The Rookie, Apollo 13, any and all old Japanese movies...well...this list is very long also.

There are just way to many movies to list, but, my all time favorite movie is Bat-21 because this is based on a true story about Lt. Colonel Iceal E. "Gene" Hambleton. The film stars Gene Hackman as Lt. Colonel Iceal E. "Gene" Hambleton, the downed navigator (EWO) officer, and Danny Glover as Captain Bartholomew Clark, an Air Force FAC pilot who flies a Cessna Skymaster. The film is loosely based on the real-life rescue of Lt. Col. Hambleton by U.S. Navy SEAL Thomas R. Norris and team member Nguyen Van Kiet, a South Vietnamese SEAL.

Favorite Books:

The Bible, any Martial Art Book!!!, Who Moved My Cheese, most business/management books, most political biographies, most history books, most Cival War books, all Chess books, factual war books based on stratagies/battles, most sports history books, and any book by: Louis L'Amour, James Clavell, Dean Koontz, Robert Frost, Ernest Hemingway, J.R.R. Tolkien, Mark Twain, William Shakespeare, J. K. Rowling, and Stephen Coonts to just name a few.

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Used to play MMORPGs (WoW in particular) but dropped that as it was taking up far too much time!!

Getting that freetime back encouraged me to restart Karate after a long break.

Like to read alot (fantasy/sci fi) and catch the odd movie. Recently I've just started my own blog which I'm finding surprisingly fun.

But I'd imagine like other people Full time Job + Martial Arts training = not much spare time :)

Thanks everyone for sharing yourselves with the community. :) It's great to get to know everyone just a bit better.

Hey Bob, I didn't know you were a NASCAR fan, too. We can talk shop there as well. :)

Sounds good to me! Our entire family LOVES the Hendrick team!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Well, naturally, martial arts. :)

I'm a fan of MMORPGs and used to play WoW quite a bit, but stopped playing a while back because it was competing with working out and study time needed for graduate school. I play Guild Wars on occasion now because it doesn't have a monthly subscription, so I don't feel like I'm obligated to play to get my money's worth.

Otherwise, I also like to work out, read, watch movies, and I play on an adult co-ed kickball league (tremendously fun and highly entertaining).