• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hobbies

pittbullJudoka

Hey guys I was wondering about the type of hobbies the members on here have. This of course is ooutside of the Martial Arts. Sorry if this has been posted before. Also hobbies you want to try. But I'll start it off.

Hobbies other than Kempo and BJJ:

Video Games I'm on ps3(COD 4 for now pm me would like to set a private game sometime)

Building models (muscle cars mostly)

Hunting

Target Shooting

As for what I'd like to try Indian Bead work, Hide taining, knife making.

So let's here it. I know we are doing other things of interest.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbing is a big one of mine, although it's been sidelined a bit due to kids recently. Still, I manage about one big trip per year or two and ice outing locally and a couple of local rock runs through the year.

Motorcycles, particularly mine, a '99 HD Sporty that I spend time wrenching all over on. Hopefully, one of these days I move on from a bike to a project car.

Then there's the nerd in me that still enjoys tabletop role playing games. You may start laughing now. Again, I don't have a ton of time to throw at it these days.

Lastly, and my wife's favorite, I've really gotten into cooking the last year or so. Go figure.

I'm a HUGE comic book geek. I not only read them but collect them also. I have about two-thousand.

I'm a techie too. I love working with computers and I'm a computer networking major now in college.

I love watching movies....I'd say the horror, martial arts or superhero genre has been my favs.

I love music too. I've been a musician for about 11 years mostly on guitar and piano, drums and bass guitar has come later in those years.

I also occasionally do a little fishing and hunting too.

Edited by NewLevel

"In time of grave public crisis, one must have the courage to face a million and one opponents..." - Gichin Funakoshi

I love reading books-these days I'm reading about philosophy and origin of religions.I also learn Japanese using Pimsleur and some books.I used to play Go,but I've lost my confidence to play with people,so I solve Go problems in books or on the net.

Sad to say that TKD takes up most of my free time. Between that and studying at uni I don't have a great deal of time for much else. Having said that, my hobbies tend to cycle round, I never stick at anything for that long but I'll probably come back to it at some point.

I do read a lot but its usually only during the summer as once I get started it'll distract me from everything else. As soon as I finish one book I start on the next till I hit saturation point and then wont really read anything for several months. Other than that I guess I suppose music could count as a hobby. I don't play an instrument or anything like that but I listen to loads of music and spend most of my money on downloads. I also like experimenting with my cooking and trying out new stuff. Got into motorsport at one point and used to compete with my dad... also took up clay pigeon shooting.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Then there's the nerd in me that still enjoys tabletop role playing games. You may start laughing now. Again, I don't have a ton of time to throw at it these days.

Been there, done that, too. Man, takes a LOT of time, at least good ones do, so its hard to make time for it now. I used to play Magic, The Gathering a ton, too, but too expensive and not much time for it anymore, either.

I also LOVE to read. I've been reading lots of fiction lately, including Cussler, Rollins, Gibbins, Matthew Reilly, DuBrul, George R.R. Martin, Ted Bell, Tolkien, and William Dietrich. I pick up some literary classics now and then, too. I also read just about anything MA that I can get my hands on, too.

Been Facebooking a lot lately, as well, and that's a good time. I like to use it mainly to keep in touch with family, and mess with my daughter's Facebook account, too. ;)

Well I have been into horses all my life. I like shooting bow and arrow and guns. I do some crafting like cross stretching, I also made some hakama's which was a lot of fun and right now I am addicted to facebook so bushido look me up if you want.

I love my computer, I like tinkering around with it when I get the chance.

I've been reading a lot of George R.R. Martin lately myself. That and other various martial arts books.

I'm a sports fan. :) Big Yankees and Dolphins fan. I'm a huge Diddy and Bad Boy Entertainment fan and collecting all of their music is a major hobby for me. CDs, cassettes, vinyl, digital audio, various memorabilia... tons of rare stuff. I love it. :)

Investing, playing sports, video games, reading and watching TV (House, 24, The Simpsons, Family Guy). Don't get much time to do these things, unfortunately.