• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testsed for my second 1st Degree

So two years ago I was presented as a 2009 black belt testing candidate. For the last year I have gone through many pre-tests and pre-test classes. On Friday and Saturday was the final test. About 2 hours was spent on Friday night, and 6-7 hours on Saturday morning-afternoon. I passed \o/.

Did have some difficulties occur though...

First I ripped my toenail half off during some knife defenses and had to tape it back on.

Then my glasses got broken during another portion of self defense (lucky me I had an extra pair, but the extra pair was for sparring so I wouldn't break my GOOD pair)

Had some sort of asthma like attack during the second of 5 people sparring (5 minute match where they switch the black belt you are sparring at the end of every minute)

Also they stole my runner half way through on saturday (every tester needs to choose a non testing student to run their weapons out to them) so my mom tried to be my runner but she didn't know the names of the weapons, and so a red belt girl jumped in as my runner.

Good things

I was able to keep up my stances and some semblance of power throughout.

I broke my 3-board side kick break on the first try

I broke my brick on the 3rd try

Everyone liked my demo (my made up form with bunkai) and form (just a form I made up)

I was unanimously voted to be the most improved over the last two years.

Afterward we had a barbecue (those from our dojang who had tested, as well as family members, runners, and next years candidates)

I started feeling ill out of no where right before we got there.

Ended up having a pseudoseizure in the middle of it. Rode to the hospital in an ambulance and spent a while there. The medication they gave me caused amnesia and paranoid delusions So I don't remember what happened all to well.

All in all a VERY eventful weekend! But now I have my 1st Degree in the system! Get to take repeat the whole thing when I test for my 2nd Degree in two years, except for some parts of course! O.o

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt