joesteph

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, frankly, getting stabbed or blungeoned to death, or put to death, in any fashion, is something I hope to never experience.

And if you do... then how in the world are you going to relate your experience to us?

:P :lol:

I didn't find that funny, having known others who have perished along these manners and simular.

Well, frankly, getting stabbed or blungeoned to death, or put to death, in any fashion, is something I hope to never experience.

And if you do... then how in the world are you going to relate your experience to us?

:P :lol:

I didn't find that funny, having known others who have perished along these manners and simular.

Lighten up my friend. in this life we live and die. To hold the death of someone you know this tight is to much. They would not want it so. I have had many people I love and cherish die, horrible deaths. Some in Iraq, and Afghanistan and some in civilian matters. But this is life. Honor them peacefully, by how and who they were.

If my comment was hurtful and wrong, please forgive me. It was NOT my intent. I made light of your wording and this was wrong of me. Please, please forgive my stupidity. I was wrong. What I said was taken out of content, but, nonetheless....I was wrong. Please forgive me, please!

:(

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Too many variables. I think it depends more on the individuals and what you know about them.

Of course, like everyone has already stated, choosing a nunchaku says something about someone's judgement. I believe that around here, you can carry a knife if it's not concealed, but a chuck is a felony. I'd bet that if something did go down, the guy carrying the illegal weapon would get in more trouble. Why risk it? Isn't there a legal weapon he'd be happy with?

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

Too many variables. I think it depends more on the individuals and what you know about them.

Of course, like everyone has already stated, choosing a nunchaku says something about someone's judgement. I believe that around here, you can carry a knife if it's not concealed, but a chuck is a felony. I'd bet that if something did go down, the guy carrying the illegal weapon would get in more trouble. Why risk it? Isn't there a legal weapon he'd be happy with?

It would also depend on the size of the blade no?...Im not sure about cali...but most states stop it under three inches?

Of course, like everyone has already stated, choosing a nunchaku says something about someone's judgement.

I remember a guy who carried a pocket baton, one that when closed would fit within his coat pocket but, when telescoped open, gave him a longer reach to break bones. I can understand someone wanting to protect himself, but it was the way he spoke about it that caused me to feel he wanted someone to start with him.

It would also depend on the size of the blade no?...Im not sure about cali...but most states stop it under three inches?

Back in the VHS days, I got a defense against the knife video by Marc "Animal" MacYoung. He took a small bladed knife, maybe only a couple of inches long, and made slash marks against a large hanging chunk of beef. He never stabbed, slashing each time, and he "killed" that stand-in for human flesh.* Granted, it was before 9/11 and box cutters seen as weapons, but that demonstration says to me that you don't need something Rambo would carry.

*Edit: MacYoung pulled the slashed areas open afterwards, not just to show the depth of the wounds but the width of them. Wicked.

Edited by joesteph

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I hope no one minds if I put in my 2 pennies on this "possible" situation.

I have some of that first hand experience with nearly being beaten to death with a baseball bat .

I can say with no reservations that I would have LOVED to be in the company of anyone carrying any weapon! :-)

I would in all honesty like your opinions on defense in my situation ( random act of violence) Though it would be more of it's own topic I think.

I have since learned in great detail about how to use a firearm and have a concealed carry permit. I hope to be able to defend myself without a gun but as I have just begun this journey I prefer a good "Plan B".

( I took no offense at the previous "lighthearted banter, you should hear the things I say about my near death experience. It's laugh or cry sometimes!)

The Phoenix

Not all those who wander are lost... -- J.R.R. Tolkien

I hope no one minds if I put in my 2 pennies on this "possible" situation.

I have some of that first hand experience with nearly being beaten to death with a baseball bat .

I can say with no reservations that I would have LOVED to be in the company of anyone carrying any weapon! :-)

I would in all honesty like your opinions on defense in my situation ( random act of violence) Though it would be more of it's own topic I think.

I have since learned in great detail about how to use a firearm and have a concealed carry permit. I hope to be able to defend myself without a gun but as I have just begun this journey I prefer a good "Plan B".

( I took no offense at the previous "lighthearted banter, you should hear the things I say about my near death experience. It's laugh or cry sometimes!)

The Phoenix

In Uechi Ryu we Break Baseball bat with our forearms. I am working on a exhibition with my students on a a scenario such as yours. Although, we do break 2 in thick pieces of board over our forearms as a starter. And we dont strike the wood...it strikes us...