• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Feeling Comfortable: The weapon your friend carries

joesteph

I agree with tallgeese 100%. I hope to begin carrying soon in public; I just want to get straight on the requirments and guidelines.

Also, along the lines of the "I'll shoot him" claim, in my area, it become more along the lines of "I'd just taze them." In reality, it isn't always the ready answer. Learning how to clear enough space to deploy a gun or a TAZER is just as important as learning how to operate and qualify either.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that a stick weapon is more comtferble (sorry, bad english). As if it is less more dangerous for a person to use it / defend yourself from it. But it's more deadly than a knife if the person knows how to use it.

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting!

For me, it would depend on their abilities with the weapon because I don't want to be standing there after my friend had his knife or nunchaku taken away from him. Now, the attacker(s) are armed to the teeth and I'm not. I'd rather he had neither because just the sight of having either might cause some difficulties for both of us as well as having the police haul us both away.

If we're going out, just leave the weapons at home/dojo. Don't bring unwanted grief to our doors by brandishing a weapon that someone might see. Then the next thing I know is that we're living out the bar scene from Star Wars. Thanks, but, no thanks!

I'd be uncomfortable with either because, what if I'm accidently struck/stabbed by my well meaning friend with the weapon? Many bad things can come from this and none of them look good...for me, that is!

:o

This is a grand post.

Weapons are preparation for self preservation. But the legal confines are much more harsh than that of unarmed defense.

It can be argued in legal circles, why did a person bash in the skull of another with a flail type instrument, specifically used in the practiced of ancient combat in a class-art form, or why did a person stabbed another, repeatedly six to a dozen times. Or shot someone emptying a full magazine of 12 or more shots.

i think that a stick weapon is more comtferble (sorry, bad english). As if it is less more dangerous for a person to use it / defend yourself from it. But it's more deadly than a knife if the person knows how to use it.

yes it can be alot more deadlier than a knife if someone does know how to use it. I much rather get knifed to death than to have my skull bashed out and have my brains oozing out of my ears...Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. But, just think about it...YUCK!!!...

I would feel most comfortable if my friend did not carry anything and that he or she felt comfortable about being around me as their protection.

. I much rather get knifed to death than to have my skull bashed out and have my brains oozing out of my ears...Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. But, just think about it...YUCK!!!...

"Knife to death than bashed in the skull." This is a dumbfounded statement.

As one is getting stabbed to death, the pain and trauma is far more severe and/or longer lasting than one hit to the skull to end it.

. I much rather get knifed to death than to have my skull bashed out and have my brains oozing out of my ears...Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. But, just think about it...YUCK!!!...

"Knife to death than bashed in the skull." This is a dumbfounded statement.

As one is getting stabbed to death, the pain and trauma is far more severe and/or longer lasting than one hit to the skull to end it.

And you would know that being bashed in the skull would induce instantaneous death how?

Medically speaking and depending on where you get knifed, the nerves could have different reactions. You can feel numb, you can feel excruciating pain...but although to your statements, if I got a stiletto blade straight through my skull I would be instantly dead...

Because i have been and seen others bashed, even slightly in the head, which cause a temprary to heavy concussion, thus knockout. With these "mild" hits, a weapon such as a cudgel or flail would cause even more trauma.

I am speaking in terms of ratio, force, and effort.

Well, frankly, getting stabbed or blungeoned to death, or put to death, in any fashion, is something I hope to never experience.

And if you do... then how in the world are you going to relate your experience to us?

:P :lol:

**Proof is on the floor!!!