• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TaeBoJitDo

i made a style... it impliments a lot of bruce lee ideas lol.. anyways.. it has a lot of kicks and is made for versatility but also grace and the way it looks.. its basicly MMA.. but a style of it... it uses bruce lees circular blocking because i have a lot of cardio so i can stand losing a bit of energy for that less lethal blow.. plus it helps lead into awesome and amazing counters... what do you think?

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are a couple forms of "creating a style" that I tend to see.

1: Pretty much meaningless; no student moves exactly like their teacher.

2: As a vehicle for the ego of the teacher, thinking that founding an art will bestow greater prestige upon them. as a rule, it doesn't; it just gets one looked at oddly for breaking with their teachers frivolously.

3: as a means of solving a specific problem. I had heard one mention somewhere of a style of jujutsu created for police wearing mittens and thus unable to use their hands effectively as an example of this.

4: because your teachers' organization is self-destructing under it's leadership, and you need to distance yourself from it to keep teaching.

What one describes you best, and why?

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

wow haha.. well.. its kinda like 1 and four.. haha.. i actually ENCOURAGE anyone that ever wants (i dont really care if you do or not) to follow me to acually not do the same thing as me.. its made with a basis and really lets ppl just choose their own path ya know? and for 4: my instructor is always different.. as in i dont have a set dojo.. its ppl i know.. sometimes a dojo.. sometimes youtube... yada..

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

Just curious here...how old are you and how much formal martial arts training do you have, and in what systems?

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Just curious here...how old are you and how much formal martial arts training do you have, and in what systems?

Well....a very solid point Montana is making here! One that can be argued, but, one that can't be ignored.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Well, in 1, the name of the style is not changed as a rule; in 4, the style itself is not changed and there is generally no claim of having created anything.. just "I renamed what I was taught because the soke of that style started demanding that everyone give black belts to five year olds and tithe half their non-martial-arts income.."

Your style doesn't have either of those properties that I see so far..

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I'd have to see what you do, observe the concepts behind the mechanics, and generally play around with it a bit before coming to any conclusions about it.

In the MAs today, the announcement of a "newly created style" tends to generate a lot of skeptisism. Along the lines of what JZ was mentioning, reasons and specifics are what come to mind when wondering why a new style is created. Creating to create isn't always a good thing.

For what it is worth I personally feel that you have not invented a new style but purely taken aspects of other styles and focusing on specific elements more than others. This is not a new style more a different mix which may or may not be unique.

This is purely the approach your own club is taking so you coul include the name in the club, you can call your club anything you want.

Let me stir the stew! BTW, I'm not speaking about TaeBoJitDo at all! I'm speaking in general! Okie dokie?!

Especially nowadays...New methodology/ies? Yes! New theory/ies? Yes! New principle(s)? Yes! New martial art? NO!!!

After all, just how many different NEW effective ways can one punch/kick/block/strike/ETC????

Yes and/or No?

:o

**Proof is on the floor!!!

If all those above statements come together under a unified umbrella that is different enough from other systems to be noticed. Why not?