• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

6 black belts in martial arts

Ti

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Made me smile. Also, use for high kicks.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

I agree. But, I think that most of the time, criminals are looking for victims, not a retaliator, like this guy. So I'm sure it shocked the criminal to see that he was going to have to work a bit harder to accomplish his goal.

Another thought is that the criminal may not have had any intention on using the knife; it may have been soley for intimidation. If thats the case, then the clerk ultimately called his bluff. It won't always happen that way, but it worked out well for him.

I also noticed that when the clerk was talking, he did a good job of "talking with his hands," keeping them up and out in front of him, where he could use them better. Like from an interview position. If he did that during the encounter, it helped him out, as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Just goes to show that you can never tell who you are confronting looks like the robber got his just deserts

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community , against his will, is to prevent harm to others" (J.S Mill, On Liberty; 135)