• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bump after knee to solar plexus

georgeskorupa

I was kneed hard straight into solar plexus. I can feel some kind of bump when I touch it. It happened about a week ago. I do not know if I had some kind of bump before and I am paranoid or if it is some kind of injury. I am a yellow belt and we had a visiting brown belt from other dojo. We were suppose to practice lightly knee to solar plexus, so I was not even covered. But he kicked me with full force. I did not loose breath or anything, but when I came back home I felt general pain in that place. The pain went away, but I just think about that bump. Ironicly I lost my job 3 months ago and I do not have health insurance. I would appreciate any response if you have any experience with something similar.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does the area bulge out when you're standing or sitting, George, and then fall back into place when you're lying down?

Was any information taken at that time about your being injured? If not, will you inform the school owner, who is likely the chief instructor, of the injury? Do you intend to get the name of the guest who struck you?

I don't want to play doctor, but I wonder if a herniated area can be the result of a blow instead of from an internal movement. The school and likely the guest would be involved if this is so.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Thanks for reply. I just checked. When I stand I can feel the bump clearly, but when I lay down it is noticeable just slightly.

Our Dojo is very small, so the instructor saw it as he was standing close by. He basically stopped our training, asked me if everything was fine. It was painful but I did not suspect any injury, so we continued with training (no contact this time). But I called him next day and told him about the bump and that I will take a week off.

I do not have any info about that student, but the instructor has his information.

I did not go to a doctor as I am starting new job in a week on October 28th, and I do not want pre-existing condition on my health insurance. But I guess I will go to a doctor if it does not improve shortly.

I would consider going to the doctor, as well. I don't think that is an area that is likely to swell from a strike, but I guess anything is possible.