feint jab, cross, cross

jab, cross, low lead hook, hook

jab, overhand right, lead uppercut

with kicks:

lead front, MT round, cross

jab, cross, MT round

lead round, back round

lead round, jab low, MT round, overhand, uppercut

I'm working off the assumption that you're not utilizing elbows and knees, if I'm incorrect let me know. This isn't an exhaustive list, just some ideas that have worked for me.

Good luck.

Sorry, I hate to ask, but what does MT refer to?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont spar much, but when I do, I usualy use kisame>gyako zuki combo... but sometimes I use some random punch (like uraken...) or kick (mawashi....) as well... and to keep opponent at bay I usualy use mae geri :)

I almost hate to ask, but I'm not familiar with either kisame or gyako zuki. I've never heard those terms before. Would you mind explaining in a little more detail?

Kizami-zuki = Front hand jab punch.

Gyaku-zuki = Reverse punch.

WNM

thanx for answering for me Wa-No-Michi :)

well, my sensei always said to keep it simple, use a combo of basic techniques, and no flashy moves (at least, not before we have more exp. and have perfected them)... He even said (to confirm BDP's reference) that he witnesed a competition where a black belt master won his way to the finals (and the finals) only using gyako zuki for attack....

Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there's a

shortage of bad ones?

Karm'Luk P'an Ku, "The Joy of Lucidity" CY 8633 (Andromeda)

Fundamentals rule across the board, regardless of art or competition levels. They are the building blocks for everything and often plenty in and of themselves in many cases.

Look at high level BJJ comps, even at these levels you still see extensive use of basic position and attack combinations and transitions.